University Student Wanting Experience
The Pennsylvania State University (August 2014 –May 2018 Expected)
• Pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Meteorology
METEOROLOGY/COMMUNICATIONS RELATED EXPERIENCE
Head of Communications – Penn State Campus Weather Service (January 2016 – Present)
• Organize and help produce the following, as well as serve on the executive board:
o Radio forecasts for several local vendors, live radio calls for WGRC in Lewisburg, Pa.
o Video forecasts for the Campus Weather Service website, the Center County Report, and local cable channel C-NET.
Social Media Head – Penn State Emergency Management Club (January 2015 – Present)
• Operate the Twitter account and help serve on the executive board.
• Work in conjunction with the Penn State Emergency Management Department at events.
• Create hazardous weather briefings upon request.
Forecaster – Penn State Campus Weather Service (August 2014 – Present)
• Analyze data and several weather models to prepare a 5-day forecasts for select zones throughout Pennsylvania.
• Communicate forecasts through the Campus Weather Service website.
Live Broadcaster – Penn State Campus Weather Service (August 2014 – Present)
• Broadcast live for severe weather events affecting the area.
• Live green screen and studio desk experience.
Penn State University Branch of the American Meteorological Society (August 2014 – Present)
• Attend discussions regarding severe weather, climate change, and how jobs in the field of meteorology are changing.
Penn State Storm Chase Team (August 2014 – Present)
• Learn severe storm safety and rescue procedures to be prepared in the event of a destructive storm during a chase.
Founder/Operator of “El Dorado County Weather Alerts” Facebook Page
• Alerts residents in the county to hazardous weather in their area, as well as warnings issued by the National Weather Service.
• Create forecast maps to share via social media and prepare the public for significant weather events.
• A registered Weather-Ready Nation Ambassador through the NOAA Weather-Ready nation initiative.
Previous Work Experience
Camp Counselor (June 2011 – August 2011)
Golden Empire Council Boy Scouts of America, Sacramento, CA
• Camp counselor at Camp Lassen, run by the Boy Scouts of America.
• Interfaced with hundreds of people each day, ranging from young children to adults.
• Taught several Merit Badges including Forestry, Weather, Nature, and Astronomy.
COMMUNITY AND EXTRACURRICULAR INVOLVEMENT
Boy Scouts of America (2008 – 2014)
• Served as Senior Patrol Leader for a troop of over 60 youth and 20 adults for over a year.
• Served in a variety of other leadership positions, including treasurer.
• Earned the rank of Eagle Scout on October 2, 2012.
El Dorado County Search and Rescue (January 2014 – Present)
• Foot team member with training and/or experience in:
o CPR/AED, First Aid, map/compass/GPS land navigation, radio communications, wilderness survival, helicopter safety, tracking, crime scene preservation, interviewing skills, critical incident stress debriefing, and search theory.
o Work together in a small team focused on a specific task under high stress environments.
Earth and Mineral Science Student Council (August 2014 – Present)
• Discuss current Earth and Mineral Science events.
• Attend social events with past alumni.
INTERESTS AND HOBBIES
Hiking, technology, car racing, aviation, storm chasing.
Available upon request.
science, media, social media, meteorology, technology