RONALD LEVASSEUR, CIA, CBM
GLOBAL FINANCE MANAGER / AUDIT MANAGER / CONTROLLER
Global Financial Professional with significant experience in financial planning and analysis, audit management and financial control. Utilized leadership, project management, initiative and communications skills for the betterment of a growing organization, striving to implement solutions to drive cost savings and organizational change. Extensive International knowledge gained while living in 3 countries and working in more than 40 resulting in a true global vision and skilled diplomacy.
• Controlled a $145 million promotional trade budget for a $2.2 billion grower-owned cooperative food and beverage manufacturer and distributor.
• Managed the financial planning and analysis of a $141 million global business unit with territories in Asia Pacific, Mexico, Central & South America and the Caribbean.
• Created and implemented a new Internal Audit function that was previously outsourced.
• Management Consultant providing business advice on a variety of operational, financial, information systems, business processes, and re-engineering projects.
• Led the accounting function for an $85 million manufacturing plant
Southcoast Hospitals Group, Fairhaven, MA 2015 to present
Team Leader, Accounting
• Streamlined the month-end close process
• Analyzed company-wide RFP for multi-functional devices to project cost savings
• Interfaced with Finance and Physician compensation departments on a routine basis
• Assisted the Decision Support team
• Part of the core team for Peoplesoft conversion from Microsoft Dynamics Accounting software
Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc. and Ocean Spray International, Inc., Lakeville, MA 2000 to 2014
Trade Marketing Manager –Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc. (2013 to 2014)
• Controlled a $145 million trade budget, while coaching trade associates, for Walmart, Club channel, Canadian retail and US regional accounts.
• Developed tracking tools of promotional dollars, case sales and syndicated consumption data.
• Collaborated with Demand Planning and Field Sales in monthly volume alignment meetings ensuring volume impact of trade promotions were considered in supply planning assumptions.
• Performed post promotional analysis to determine effectiveness of completed trade promotions.
Financial Planning & Analysis Manager –Ocean Spray International, Inc. (2005 to 2013)
• Managed, analyzed and owned the financial plans, while mentoring financial analysts, for $141 million business unit with territories in Asia Pacific, Mexico, Central & South America and the Caribbean.
• Lead Financial Negotiator for a 20-year trademark license contract with Pepsi Latin America Beverages. Received the President's Award of Distinction.
• Promoted from Senior Business Analyst to Lead Analyst to Manager.
• Presented financial results to the Executive Management team.
• Initiated standardized reporting utilizing the web-form functionality of Hyperion planning software.
• Managed $1.8 million administrative budget; authorized invoices for payment.
• Provided financial insight and due diligence for 3 new manufacturing partnerships.
Senior Audit Supervisor- Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc. (2000 to 2005)
• Established the Internal Audit function. Collaborated with the Audit Committee Chairman on all audit matters. Developed the annual audit plan, audit committee reports and follow-up matrix in order to monitor implementation of agreed upon recommendations.
• Discovered and regained a $620,000 commission over-payment due to an SAP table maintenance error and over-payments in excess of $200,000 due to foreign currency misrepresentations.
• Monitored selective sections of the Sarbanes-Oxley act of 2002.
• Performed business process re-engineering and developed process maps for key business processes.
• Engaged in special investigations.
Control Solutions Int’l Inc., Nashua, NH 1997 to 1999
Senior Project Manager
• Contributed to the management and business development of this privately–held consulting company providing outsourced internal audit services to a variety of Fortune 1000 global clients. Assisted the President in developing the company’s marketing strategy.
• Served as the Internal Audit Manager for a $690 million global power supply manufacturer.
• Utilized QuickBooks Professional software, in order to develop the company’s monthly operating reports.
• Developed a management dashboard tool, utilizing data-mining techniques from SAP for the credit and collections department of Guidant Corporation.
• Keynote speaker on multi-cultural auditing for the Boston Chapter of the Institute of Internal Auditors.
Augat Inc., Mansfield, MA 1996 to 1997
Senior Audit Supervisor for this $550 million global electronic connectors manufacturer
Bertrand Faure, Mississauga - Ontario, Canada, and Paris, France 1994 to 1995
• Managed the accounting and financial analysis for this $2 billion global automotive parts manufacturer. Coached seven accountants of an $85 million automotive parts manufacturing plant.
• In January 1995, the North American operations were the first, worldwide, to report 1994 results.
• Implemented new computer software for labor attendance to enhance control over the 800 direct labor employees.
• Performed special projects including the Internal control manual and conducting random audits.
Sanofi Winthrop Inc., Paris, France and New York, New York 1990 to 1994
Senior Audit Supervisor
• Expatriated to France to work at an alliance partner company as a charter member of an exchange program.
• Executed operational and financial audits globally for this $4 billion international manufacturer of Pharmaceutical, Bio-veterinarian and Cosmetic products. Verified compliance with corporate policy and French Accounting Standards.
• Liaison with the Construction Project Finance Team on technical, tax and GAAP requirements during the construction of a $370 million R&D facility.
Bryant University Smithfield, Rhode Island,
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Major in Accounting,
The Institute of Internal Auditors, Altamonte Springs, Florida,
Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) Professional Designation
The Association of Professionals in Business Management, Inc., Los Angeles, California
Certified Business Manager (CBM) Professional Designation
SAP, Peoplesoft and Microsoft Dynamics Accounting Systems. FRx reporting system
Hyperion & Khalix forecasting and budgeting systems
SAP Security Training Release 4.0 (Authorization Concepts CA940)
Process Mapping Training – University of California Berkley; Monarch Pro Data Mining Software
Native English speaker. Working knowledge of French.
Controller, Finance Manager