Sports Performance Job
Lauren Cowley -
· Division II Soccer athlete with a strong sense of discipline, a strong work ethic and excellent time management and people skills. Goal-oriented and results-focused individual who has achieved success both in the classroom and on the field.
A coaching position in a Sports Performance Agency utilizing my skills in sports coaching, effective training principles and efficient communication in order to ensure the enhanced success of athletes.
A-LEVEL’S | MAY 2013 | HARTPURY COLLEGE, HARTPURY, ENGLAND
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE | MAY 2017 | UNIVERSITY OF MOUNT OLIVE, NC
Major: Exercise Science
Skills & Abilities
- NIH (National Institute of Health) Certified – Protecting Human Research Participants
- Achieved a collegiate scholarship to play soccer at the University of Mount Olive, in the United States.
- Most Valuable Defensive Player 2014-2015.
- Dean’s Honor Roll every semester
- Conference Carolina’s Presidential Honor Roll every semester.
- Red Cross First Aid and CPR Certified.
- DII Athletics Directors Association Academic Achievement Award
- Academic All-Conference Team
- Valuable experience in the Personal Training Industry.
- Team captain on all previous soccer teams.
- Appreciation Award – Special Olympics 2014 - 2015
- Frequent participation in Community Service volunteer events
- Effective Communicator & Thinker
- Confident & Determined
- Strong work ethic and works well under pressure
- Excellent with technology
EMERGING LEADERS CERTIFICATION | BB & T | ACHIEVED IN SEPTEMBER 2016
· Achieved through the BB&T Leadership Institute, gained leadership development to become a more effective and dynamic leader, and obtained knowledge and strategies to maximize my own, and my teammates success.
MARKETING DEPARTMENT ASSISTANT | UNIVERSITY OF MOUNT OLIVE | SEPTEMBER 2016 – PRESENT
· Student worker, completing check requests, invoices, and providing marketing feedback. Virtual tour trained, and responsible for all updates, as well as communicating with other departments on campus.
ACTIVITY LEADER | BELL ENGLISH YOUNG LEARNERS | JUNE 2016 – AUGUST 2016
· Planned, prepared and lead sports sessions using appropriate resources and skills that met the international young learner’s expectations and needs. Encouraged and motivated students throughout all activities, whilst also supervising them at all times. Provided relevant and timely feedback on student behavior and achievements throughout the courses, organized equipment and resources daily and completed administrative duties and tasks in accordance to health and safety and session preparations daily. Worked as part of an activity team to provide evening activities to all residential students and carried out daily pastoral care and duties.
EVENT ORGANISER | MOUNT OLIVE MIDDLE SCHOOL FIELD DAY | APRIL 2015
· Initiated, planned and lead the Mount Olive Middle School Field Day at the University of Mount Olive, encouraging the students to lead healthier lifestyles, by exercising more and making more nutritional food choices, in order to combat the ever-growing obesity epidemic.
FIELD TRAINING WORK EXPERIENCE | POPE WELLNESS CENTER, UNIVERSITY OF MOUNT OLIVE| JANUARY 2015- APRIL 2015
· 120 hours of field training completed; shadowing group fitness classes before building up to leading a variety of group fitness classes twice a day, from circuit training classes to intense fitness classes for a range of individuals.
FOOTBALL COACHING | LITTLETON JUNIORS U11’S | MAY 2015- AUGUST 2015
· Assisted football coaching for the Littleton Juniors Football Club U11’s Boys team, coaching them once a week for a training session and assisted with coaching on Saturdays, for game days. A very active, challenging experience which was very educational, and something I look forward to doing always!
STAFF MEMBER | ALL THINGS WILD NATURE CENTER| MAY 2015- AUGUST 2015
· Range of duties included retail work in gift shop facility, working with animals, feeding of animals, providing members of the public with information about the animals, and organizing activities for the zoo.
WAITING STAFF | SALFORD HALL HOTEL | JUNE 2011- AUGUST 2014
· Member of hotel waiting staff, serving customers in the bar and restaurant facilities. Worked weddings and special events and fully experienced of reception role also.
Sports Performance Exercise Science