Falls of Neuse Management, Raleigh, NC
GL Accounting Intern, Sept/2016 – Present
• Assist with completion of various account reconciliation (cash, fixed assets)
• Help pull supporting documents (i.e. invoices/checks) for year-end audit selections
• Retire Asset
• Applied taxes on invoices
• Balanced out daily cash and credit card for numerous store
Cedar Point Federal Credit Union, Leonardtown, MD
Teller, Oct/2007 – Sept/2016
● Performs some supervisory duties such as balancing the vault and assisting employees as needed
● Processes remittances of monthly mortgage insurance, retirement, taxes, and other payments.
● Review reports for Federal Employee Salaries deposited to Credit Union
● Compiles daily and weekly reports of all banking transactions
● Reconciles discrepancies in balancing accounts ensuring accuracy of entries and totals
● Cashes checks; money orders; vouchers; disburses funds; makes withdrawals ensuring that supporting documents are accurate
● Opens accounts (checking, saving, and certificates) corresponding with customers
● Process signature and auto loans
● Explain, promote, or sell products or services such as travelers' checks, savings bonds, money orders, and cashier's checks, using computerized information about customers to tailor recommendations.
● Perform clerical tasks such as typing, filing, and microfilm photography.
Ross Department Store, California, MD
Customer Service Associate, Sep/2012 – Apr/2016
● Receive payment by cash, check, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits.
● Issue receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers.
● Assist customers by providing information and resolving their complaints.
● Greet customers entering establishments.
● Stock shelves, and mark prices on shelves and items.
● Recommend, select, and help locate or obtain merchandise based on customer needs
● Sell tickets and other items to customers.
• Ability to multi-task
•High oral and written communication skills
•Excellent teamwork capabilities
•Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
•Knowledgeable in cash processing procedures of Federal agencies and commercial institutions
•Knowledgeable in the negotiability, validity and genuineness of cash items and the acceptability requirements of supporting documents
•Intermediate in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point
•Experience with software like Microsoft Dynamics GP, SMARTLIST, ComCept, and TIMS
•Associates Degree – Business Administration
•High School Diploma
•University of Maryland University College, Largo, MD Online-Pursing Bachelor's Degree in Accounting-Summer 2017
•College of Southern Maryland, Leonardtown, MD Campus – Associates Degree in Business Administration – June 2011
AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST