Whitman College, Walla Walla Washington
Psychology and Spanish Major - Class of 2018
Interest in studying Physical Therapy in graduate school
Current GPA: 3.86
Lincoln High School, Portland
High School Diploma, Jun 2014
● IB Diploma 2014, HL: English, Spanish & history SL: psychology, math & physics
● National Honors Society member
● 4.1 GPA
● Completed K-12 Spanish Immersion Program
● SAT Score 2040 - math 700 -English 650 -writing 690
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE HENRY EARL ESTATES, Walla Walla
Tasting room associate May 2017- October 2017
● Worked at the wine bar, helped customers through tastings (answering questions, making recommendations based on individual pallets). Learned a lot about the process of wine production as well as the ins and outs of the wine industry. Also made appetizer food. Food handler’s license and alcohol permit acquired.
BEN & JERRY’S, Portland
Counter Assistant to Shift Lead May 2014- Aug 2014, May 2015 -Aug 2014
● Closing shift lead responsibilities: Packed pints, and closed up shop (swept and mopped, handled the till at the
end of the day), restock ice cream and balance the till. Serve customers and run cash register. Became familiar with the ice cream industry, learning and memorizing different flavors to recommend, different specialities we make: ice cream cakes, sundaes, banana splits, milkshakes, smoothies.
ASSISTANT ATHLETIC TRAINER AT WHITMAN COLLEGE, Walla Walla
Trainer, Sep 2015- Current
● Worked practices of multiple sports teams (men and women’s soccer and basketball, baseball, lacrosse), learned
how to evaluate injuries, tape and wrap players, and work official games. Worked hands on with injured
INTERNSHIP WITH PSYCHOLOGY PROFESSOR AT PORTLAND STATE UNIVERSITY, Portland
Intern for Talya Bauer, Professor of Organizational Behavior June 2015-Aug 2015, June 2016-Aug 2016
● Organized and filed psychology articles and research papers, work with Professor Bauer on editing her textbooks
Organizational Behavior and Onboarding New Employees: Maximising Success , experienced hands on work in the
office, learned a lot about being an efficient employee.
SKYHAWKS SPORTS CAMPS, Portland
Coach, Jun 2014- Aug 2014
● Organize games and supervise campers at week long sports camps.
STAND FOR COURAGE, Portland
Student Advisory Board Member, Sep 2012- Sep 2014
● Develop and present seminars, assemblies, and kids camps for an anti- bullying organization.
Spanish Teaching Assistant
Company Name:Headstart School
Dates volunteered:Jun 2006 – Aug 2012 Volunteer duration:6 yrs 3 mos
Worked at a summer school for children of migrant farm workers. Many of the kids spoke little to no english, so I communicated primarily in spanish. Some of my main tasks included: reading with the kids, helping with mathematics, supervising recess and lunch times, chaperoning the annual trip to the Oregon Zoo.
● Spanish: Fluent. K-12 Immersion Program. Studied abroad in Granada, Spain Spring of 2017.
● DOB 10/18/95. Have food handler’s license, alcohol permit, and Red Cross First Aid certificate.
● References: Talya Bauer, Professor at PSU ------------ | ------------
John Eckel, Head Athletic Trainer at Whitman College ------------ | ------------
Spanish Education, volunteering in elementary school settings with children of migrant farm workers