Arizona State University, W.P. Carey School of Business - Cumulative GPA: 3.9/4.0 Tempe, AZ
Major: Bachelor of Science, Finance, Management Expected Graduation: April 2019
Honors/Awards: Barrett Honors College, Dean’s List, W.P. Carey Leaders Academy
Scholarships: New American University Scholar, Obama Scholar
Relevant Coursework: Accounting & Financial Statement Analysis, Accounting External Reporting, Advanced Excel, Business Statistics, Business Writing, Financial Markets & Institutions, Macroeconomics, Managerial Finance, Microeconomics
American Airlines Tempe, AZ
Business Analyst Intern, Payroll Dec 2016 – Present
• Analyze and validate employee data for accuracy on employee earnings/withholdings each period.
• Prepare and review documentation required to test specific projects involving payroll changes.
• Work with Finance and Accounting departments to verify accurate calculations on employee pay.
• Test payroll changes for various employee groups for quality assurance before implementation.
Scientific Botanical Leasing Company Scottsdale, AZ
Research Analyst Intern, Finance June 2017 – Oct 2017
• Assisted the CEO in forecasting revenues, expenditures, and cash flows for a business plan over a 5-year period.
• Prepared a quarterly and annual budget to detail the cost of labor and initial capital expenditures required for an opening of a specific business.
• Worked closely with other departments within the organization in determining the scope of activities and developing accurate estimations for budget.
Time Inc., Sports Illustrated Mesa, AZ
Client Specialist Intern, Sports Illustrated Play July 2016 – Aug 2016
• Analyzed market trends and compiled a list of 1000+ sports organizations for potential prospects to increase membership revenues.
• Developed relationships with clients to understand their unique organizational needs and position appropriate products or solutions.
• Coordinated and executed service activities, such as onboarding new clients, gathering data for client meetings, and maintaining client files using CRM tools.
Arizona State University Tempe, AZ
Lead Subject Tutor, Business Jan 2016 – May 2017
• Organized and implemented weekly Microsoft Excel and Access based sessions for students to enhance their skills.
• Consulted with students and developed comprehensive tutoring strategies based on students’ needs and goals.
• Marketed the tutoring center and Excel workshops to individual classrooms, increasing overall attendance by 30%.
LEADERSHIP & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
SEO (Sponsors for Educational Opportunity) EDGE New York, NY
Wealth Management & Investment Banking Participant May 2017 – Present
• Receive 50+ hours individualized coaching and live instruction to achieve targeted interview, technical, and professional developmental goals.
• Complete industry-specific training and assessments focused on developing technical skills, institutional knowledge, and attention to detail.
Be A Leader Foundation Phoenix, AZ
Mentor & Coach Jul 2017 – Present
• Hold monthly workshops for High School Seniors and provide one-on-one mentoring to students on college applications, career paths, and goal setting.
Investment Banking & Consulting Club Tempe, AZ
Member Jan 2017 – Present
• Participate in training and assessments to develop technical skills, industry knowledge, and preparation for careers in Finance.
Financial Management Association Tempe, AZ
Member Oct 2015 – Present
• Attend meetings and workshops with UBS, Merrill Edge, Goldman Sachs, and others to gain more exposure to careers in Finance.
Leadership Society & Arizona Tempe, AZ
VP of Marketing & Student Outreach Nov 2015 – May 2016
• Reached out to 500+ student organizations on campus, and met with 10 to present and establish partnerships.
AXA Advisors Scottsdale, AZ
Wealth Management Extern Feb 2016 – Feb 2016
• Shadowed Wealth Managers, participated in industry related case studies, and learned about industry related opportunities.
Other Affiliations: Arizona Mentorship Society, Feed My Starving Children, Greek Organization Lambda Chi Alpha, Hispanic Business Students Association
OTHER SKILLS & INTERESTS
Functional: Advanced Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
Language: Elementary Proficiency in Spanish & Russian
Interests: Fitness, Reading Self Helps & Biographies, Traveling
Finance, Banking, Investment, Private Equity, Wealth Management