Recent College Grad in University City
Recent college grad looking for a job where I can apply my writing and research skills, be creative, and work collaboratively.
Hobart and William Smith Colleges
Bachelor of Arts, Writing and Rhetoric
Minors: Minors: English, Critical Social Studies
Writing Fellow, HWS, Geneva, NY (Fall 2016-Spring 2017)
• Supported students in one-on-one appointments to help them learn and develop ideas in writing.
• Gained knowledge regarding writing across all disciplines and the specifics of different style guides.
“Grammar and Style” Study Table Facilitator, HWS, Geneva, NY (Fall 2015, Spring 2017)
• Assisted Writing and Rhetoric students in understanding advanced grammatical concepts, writing essays, and analyzing the rhetorical effects of grammatical and stylistic choices.
Research Assistant, HWS, Geneva, NY (Fall 2016)
• Assisted a professor with research on theories in undergraduate writing, focusing specifically on revising HWS’s curriculum so that students’ writing knowledge transfers across different subjects and courses.
Summer Research Grant Recipient, HWS, Geneva, NY (Spring-Summer 2016)
• Received a grant from the colleges to co-write a course proposal to be submitted for publication in Composition Studies.
• Served as a teaching assistant for an upper-level writing course during Spring 2016; took field notes on class discussions, provided written responses to students’ writing, and met regularly with the professor to discuss students’ learning.
• Conducted extensive research on theories of discourse analysis and undergraduate writing studies during Summer 2016; wrote sections of our article for publication.
Writing Colleague, HWS, Geneva, NY (Fall 2014-Fall 2015)
• Worked directly with students and professors inside and outside the classroom to help students develop writing and analysis skills.
Higher Education Opportunity Program (HEOP) Summer Institute, HWS, Geneva, NY (Summer 2015)
• Prepared disadvantaged incoming first-year students for college-level writing during a five-week intensive course.
• Worked with HEOP team to discuss methods for improving students’ learning.
StudyPoint, Tutor, Philadelphia, PA (Summer 2017-Present)
• Worked as an in-home SAT tutor for students in the Greater Philadelphia area.
• Helped students brainstorm and write college application essays.
Server, Cebo Fare, Geneva, NY (Summer 2016-Spring 2017)
• Gained experience in customer service as a server at a small, farm-to-table restaurant.
• Contacted local businesses asking that they support the restaurant’s goal of building community through food.
writing, teaching, editing, creative