Q: What is Barefoot Student?
A: Barefoot Student is an online community that connects university students and recent grads with employers in 192 countries around the world.
Q: How much does it cost?
A: It is absolutely free for students to post their service or browse job postings. Employers may subscribe to our Premium Employer Membership option. Premium members can post up 1 free job per day and contact students directly. Additional jobs may be posted for $25 per post.
Q: Any safety tips?
Everyone should always abide by the following common sense rules when meeting someone for the first time. Insist on a public meeting place, bring a friend or family member, and carry a cell phone. And of course, always let a few other people know where you are going, who you are meeting, and when you will be back.
Q: What should I know about online scams?
A: The FBI has a very easy to read list of common online scams. If you are contacted about suspicious activities please email us the details and report the event to the FBI's Internet Crime Complaint Center. Please abide by the rules below:
- Never accept payment without first going through the interview process.
- Never accept payment by check for an amount which is greater then what you agreed upon.
- Never wire money back to someone who pays you by check.
- Never share your social security number, credit card number, or bank account number.
- Never post your exact address online or share it with anyone.