Eric Penkala Journalist/editor with experience in magazine publication and radio broadcasting. Driven to tell every story with clarity and flair.
• Bachelor of Arts Degree in Communications-Area of Emphasis in Journalism (University of Guelph-Humber)
• College Diploma in Media Communications (Humber College)
• Published journalist for numerous organizations around the world
• Managing Editor of award-winning magazine publication (2017 Columbia Scholastic Press Association Gold Medalist)
• Experience working at media conglomerate (Rogers)
Managing Editor – January 2016-May 2016
University of Guelph-Humber- EMERGE Magazine- Toronto, Ontario
Served lead role in the production of Guelph-Humber’s annual EMERGE print magazine. Had final say over all writing, photography and design decisions. Magazine was named Gold Medalist winner by the Columbia Scholastic Press Association.
Production Assistant – October 2015-March 2016
Sportsnet 590-The Fan- Toronto, Ontario
Developed an in-depth understanding of the day-to-day functioning of the media world. Became familiar with how to identify newsworthy information, and how to express that information in the most effective possible way.
Editorial Assistant - May 2015-June 2015
University of Bremen- Bremen, Germany
Wrote articles and produced programs for the university’s “Parlement of Foules” theatre group. Developed my ability to communicate with people despite language barriers and other obstacles.
University of Guelph-Humber, Media Studies, 2012-2016
Graduated with Distinction
Etobicoke, Ontario, Canada
Humberview Secondary School, 2008-2012
Bolton, Ontario, Canada
journalist, journalism, editor, editing, sports, writer, writing