------------ | ------------
George Washington University, Washington, D.C. Expected graduation: Sept. 2021
Projected Major: Bachelor of Fine Arts in Interior Architecture
Northern Virginia Community College, Annandale, V.A.
Associates of Arts: General Studies Magna Cum laude
Distinctions: GPA: 3.7, Secretary of the Interior Design Club. Member, Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society
Languages: English (native fluency) and Arabic (native fluency)
Computer: Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Autodesk AutoCAD Software
Communication: Ability to communicate effectively with different age groups, experience speaking to large groups, creative visual communication skills including design flyers and PowerPoint presentations.
Resident Apartment Design Consultant: (IDS 100 - Theory&Tech Interior Design course)
▪ Gained hands on experience with technical drawing
▪ Picked unique apartment furnitures as per the client color sense and selected materials/fabrics
▪ Collaborated with client for details and meaningful finishing pieces
Sustainability Space Project: (IDS 205 - Materials and Sources course)
▪ Space and functionality planning
▪ Color and lighting fixtures selection
▪ Client requirement gathering and data based research to meet client’s needs
Teacher Assistant, Al-Iman Weekend School, Lorton, V.A. Sept. 2018- Present
▪ Planned and supervised games/learning activities for each specific group of children
▪ Communicated with parents regarding class activities and behavior
▪ Encouraged teamwork and helped assist establishing healthy lifestyle habits from a young age
▪ Emphasized teaching the value of communication, etiquette, and Islamic history/culture
Receptionist, Al-Iman Weekend School, Lorton, V.A. June 2018- Sept. 2018
▪ Scheduled and compiled upcoming events and appointments
▪ Assisted parents with their needs and communicated effectively with staff members and managers
▪ Handled administrative matters including managing calendars and composing documents
▪ Communicated with other institutes to coordinate events and projects
Front Desk Assistant, NVCC CC, Annandale, V.A. Aug. 2017– Dec. 2017
▪ Greeted students and visitors
▪ Provided tours around Campus
▪ Answered phone calls and scheduled appointments
Event Planner, MOM Network, Lorton, V.A. Aug. 2014–Dec. 2014
▪ Planned and implemented the events
▪ Prepared required materials, programs, and equipment for events
▪ Set-up and dismantled decorations, tables, presentation stage before and after events.
Volunteer, Maintaining and tracking materials and books in Materials Library, NOVA CC, Loudoun Campus
Competition Coordinator, Muslim Interscholastic Competitions, College Park, M.D.
Mentor, Black Student Association (BSA), Hayfield Secondary School, Alexandria, V.A.
Canvassing Volunteer, Emgage USA, Washington D.C.
Volunteer, 2016 Senator Bernie Sanders presidential Campaign, Washington, D.C.
Phone Bank Volunteer, 2012 President Barack Obama Presidential Campaign, Washington D.C.
Interior Design, Paid Internship, Part-Time