Zhihan Xu Resume
Case Western Reserve University School of Law, Cleveland, OH
· Juris Doctor, anticipated December 2020; Law and Leadership Scholar
• Asian Law Student Association, Treasurer, 2019-2020
University of Richmond, Richmond, VA
· Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, May 2017
· Bachelor of Arts Philosophy, Political Science, Economics and Law (PPEL), May 2017
Professional Credential & Designation
· Chartered Financial Analyst candidate--passed CFA Level I, June 2019,preparing for CFA level II June 2020 and FRM (Financial Risk Manager) Level I May 2020.
IP Venture Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio | Capstone Program | January 2020 – May 2020
• Researched and prepared legal documents supporting business ventures related to emerging intellectual property issues, corporate law issues, business plan and capitalization table formation and venture capital business models.
Zhejiang Jingwei Pharmaceutical Company, Shanghai, China | Legal Volunteer | June 2019 – August 2019
• Researched and prepared legal documents supporting the Merger & Acquisition deal of a pharmaceutical factory, assisted in due diligence and participated in meetings and negotiations.
Cuyahoga County Prosecutor’s Office, Cleveland OH | Legal Extern | January 2019 – April 2019
• Researched and prepared legal documents on topics including proper service and procedures in legal proceedings at Tax Foreclosure Unit; Prepared and drafted legal documents including motions and memos responding to prisoners’ requests for parole or early release at Appeals Unit.
Cuyahoga County Department of Law, Cleveland, OH | Legal Extern | May 2018 – August2018
• Conducted legal research on a variety of topics including labor and employment contracts and torts. Prepared and drafted different legal documents including appellant merit brief, motion to dismiss brief, discovery requests and contracts. Observed and assisted supervising attorneys in litigation proceeding and pretrial conferences.
Beijing Ducheng Law Firm, Beijing, China | Legal Intern | May 2017 – September 2017
• Attended client (banks, security investment firms, and consumer products companies) meetings and drafted meeting minutes and memorandums over legal discussions, basis and strategies. Drafted legal documents, including investment subscription documents and arbitration applications for international clients; Performed legal researches for senior partners at the firm and prepared trial documents for trials at various levels of courts. Projected legal expenses for public company clients for their accrued legal expenses and drafted legal response letters to auditors; Researched oil and gas regulations in targeted nations for clients with foreign investment interests.
CITIC Securities, Beijing, China | Security Analyst Intern | June 2014 – August 2014
• Conducted due diligence procedures over M&A deals and in-depth reviews of security contracts, including feasibility evaluation of potential M&A targeted companies. Drafted re-finance and capital call letters to stakeholders and documented processes in accordance with reporting standards.
Ernst & Young, Shanghai, China | Assurance Intern | July 2013 – September 2013
• Conducted legal research regarding foreign regulations of offshore corporate law and transfer pricing tax for public company clients; Tackled accounting related legal issues in revenue recognition (contract-based performance obligation); Attended client/legal counsel meetings and drafted memorandums for internal management documentation. Consulted client on international patent registration, copyright and trademark protection.
law student, JD, business law, Securities regulations