Yash Bajaj Resume
Fishers IN | ------------ | ------------/in/bajajyash1101/ | ------------
IE & Manufacturing – DMAIC, FMEA, TPM, KPI, 5S, Root Cause Analysis, GD & T, Lean, OEE, ISO 9001.
Project Management – Leadership, Risk Management, Planning, Scheduling, Interpersonal Skills.
Statistical – SPC, DOE, Minitab.
Software – AutoCAD, SolidWorks, MS Excel, Oracle, MS Office Suite, Minitab, CATIA, ProModel, ProE.
Certifications – Six Sigma Green Belt and PMI (Project Management Integration)
Manufacturing Engineering Intern June 2019 – Present
Mölnlycke Health Care Indianapolis, IN
• Examined and implemented Systematic Layout Plan (SLP) on welding workstation to increase production rate by 48%.
• Troubleshooted welding operator issues by reviewing and recommending better SMED saving 30% time on tool changeovers.
• Updated and implemented the new Training Protocols and Work Instructions for changes made at individual workstations.
• Justified the installation of a new mixer to reduce labor by 75% (8 operators to 2) and increasing production rate by 35%.
• Identified and Implemented the need to install barcode scanners in warehouse to reduce and optimize inventory handling.
• Performed, analyzed and reported pull-test data for all the products undergoing Validation and Quality Inspection.
• Currently working on establishing Preventive Maintenance techniques to reduce maintenance for Welding and mixing tools.
Manufacturing Engineering Intern May 2016 – April 2017
GNAT Foundry Pvt. Ltd. Kolhapur, India
• Determined foundry’s manufacturing needs for improved die-casting and machining methods to improve productivity.
• Developed Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for casting process and recommended a switch from oil-based to water-based lubricant which reduced defect rate by 20% and increased cost savings by 12%.
• Conferred with operators on shop floor to develop new Standard Work Instructions (SWI) to fool proof machining errors.
• Established a Value Stream Map (VSM) and Systematic Layout Plan (SLP) for the manufacturing process to eliminate Non-Value Added (NVA) activities which reduced production lead time by 17%.
• Prepared, verified and validated documents such as but not limited to Process sheets, APQP, FMEA and Control Plans for casting & machining processes; stored CAD data, test reports and Excel Sheets from suppliers and customers.
Continuous Improvement Intern June 2015 – April 2016
Prasad Industries Kolhapur, India
• Performed Root Cause Analysis and developed preventive action plans PAPs for reported non-conformances.
• Incorporated Kaizen tools SMED and Takt Time to modify the milling process thereby reducing cycle time by 18.2%
• Recommended improved tooling techniques and daily maintenance protocols to increase OEE by 15%.
• Applied 5S principles -with focused training on Sustain- to ensure operator safety and quality of workplace.
• Created modified material requirement planning (MRP) and responsible for updating BOM’s for new assemblies.
• Assisted Manufacturing & Validation engineers with any help required concerning shop floor supervisors and operators.
Master of Science – Industrial Engineering Aug 2017 - Dec 2019
Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo MI GPA: 3.44/4.00
Bachelor of Engineering – Mechanical Engineering Aug 2012 - May 2016
Shivaji University, Kolhapur INDIA GPA: 3.3/4.0
Improving Production Efficiency in Secondary Operations Area WMU
WL Molding LLC, Portage MI
• Performed a machine replacement analysis using capital budgeting techniques for already salvaged drilling, milling and center lathe machines to replace with VMC/CNC for post processing of plastic injection molded parts.
• Carried out Value Stream Mapping (VSM) and Systematic Layout Planning (SLP) after VMC/CNC installation for increasing per square foot savings by 14% and reducing Manufacturing Lead Time by 25%.
Warehouse Optimization using ABC Analysis WMU
Mann+Hummel, Kalamazoo MI
• Executed ABC analysis for Receiving and Shipping sectors and achieved 15% reduction in material and man movement.
• Countered problems in Receiving and storing process by using QC tool Ishikawa Diagram and Pareto Charts.
• Downsized inventory by 21% by creating standard order procedures for material movement.
Capital Budgeting and Cost Analysis Simulation Project WMU
• Developed a VBA code in MS Excel to determine the best conventional ranking method for capital budgeting.
• Created and evaluated the Forecast model in addition with introducing ARR ranking in small/medium size industries.
• Outperformed conventional NPV & IRR ranking in a business scenario simulation by 20%.
Implementing CI to reduce renovation time of units at Whitehall Apartments WMU
Kendall Manor Management, Kalamazoo MI
• Performed root cause analysis using 5 Whys, Fishbone diagrams and implemented corrective actions.
• CI tools such as Kanban, Gemba walk, PDCA, SIPOC, One Point Lessons and High-level Gantt charts were used.
• Total renovation duration was reduced by 34% (from 45 days to 30 days).
Industrial, Six Sigma, Lean, ISO