Mission Viejo, CA 92692
Disciplined and responsive. Able to write in varied styles, over diverse topics, including reporting, research, and human interest. Knowledgeable about media and social media strategies, and can offer insight to millennial habits and global practices.
Reporting, Policy brief production, Interviewing, Editing, G-Suite, Microsoft Office, WordPress, AP, Chicago, APA, and MLA Style, Basic SEO, Preparing Press Releases, Media Production, Traditional and Social Media, Conversational Spanish and Chinese
The Bottom Line, UC Santa Barbara - Features Editor
May 2017 - June 2018
● As a section editor I was responsible for selecting content for assignment, editing content, and collaborating closely with marketing to promote my section. The section focused on narratives and human interest pieces. I also participated in weekly board meetings dealing with operations, budget allotment, and procurement and morale events.
The Bottom Line, UC Santa Barbara - Staff Writer
November 2016 - June 2018
● Journalist. Specialized in research, writing, and both internet/on-site writing.. Places a premium on responsiveness and attention to detail, as well as speed. Has over 40 articles published.
American Marketing Association, UC Santa Barbara - Member
September 2015 - June 2016
● I served as a member of an organization dedicated to teaching marketing techniques and skills to young professionals. Involved working with on-campus organizations and helping to raise their profile.
September 2014 - June 2018
University of California, Santa Barbara - Global and International Studies BA-GPA 3.61
● An interdisciplinary program focusing on global themes - such as economics, policy, sociology, and media - and the present day interactions that shape them. Research focused, and requires current events knowledge and familiarities with foreign cultures.
The Bottom Line - Member of the Year 2018
● I was recognized by my superiors in the paper for my contributions to the paper, namely my strong work ethic and ability to be a reliable team player.
“Community Gathers for Third Anniversary of Tragedy.” 24 May 2017
“Explaining the Cambridge Analytica Scandal to a Student.” The Bottom Line. 9 March 2018.
“Preview: Mapping Dissent: Planning a Course for an Uncertain Future.” The Bottom Line. 10 April 2017.
“Spring Insight Brings Incoming Students to UCSB.” The Bottom Line. 11 April 2017.
“UCSB Student Arrested After Alleged Crime Scene Through Isla Vista.” The Bottom Line. 3 November 2017.