10448 Sun Villa Blvd. | Orlando, FL 32817 |------------ | ------------
To secure a position that allows for my skills in leadership and organization developed as an educator and technical editor to be further augmented while contributing to the progress of a firm that prioritizes quality in its product or service, which also benefits its community.
EDUCATION – UNIVERSITY OF CENTRAL FLORIDA
Bachelor of Science, Secondary English Education 8/08/2008 — 5/18/2012
- 3.5 Cumulative GPA; 3.7 Specialized GPA
- Obtained A’s in most higher-level Literature classes and was lauded for writing and composition regularly
Non-Degree Seeking Biomedical Sciences 8/1/2016 — 08/02/2019
- 3.9 Science GPA
- All of the following coursework has been completed with a score of an A since returning for medical prerequisites: General Biology I and II with labs; Inorganic Chemistry I and II with labs; Organic Chemistry I and II with lab; Statistical Methods; Microbiology with extended lab credit; Human Anatomy; Medical Physiology; Molecular Biology I; Medical Biochemistry; Physics II with lab
Technical/Quality Assurance Editor, Ethos Risk Investigative Services 7/29/2014 — 3/20/2020
St. Petersburg, Florida (Remote Employment)
- Maintained full-time responsibility in editing the most complex investigative reports available for my department, looking for discrepancies in semantics, mechanics, and presentation while considering legal parameters, analyses of opposing counsels and quality assurance. Direct contact with clients allowing for resolution of client grievances and individualized measures for specific clients.
- Laid off due to COVID-19 effect on field surveillance opportunities and having higher pay at a more senior position than other editors.
Teaching Assistant (TA), University of Central Florida 1/7/2019 — Present
- Paid Lead TA in Medical Biochemistry since Spring 2019; Volunteer Lead TA for Organic Chemistry I and II multiple semesters; Volunteer Laboratory TA for Microbiology multiple semesters
- Guest lecturer on spectroscopy and other topics for Organic Chemistry I and II when further instruction is needed. Lectured most applied lab procedures in semester for Microbiology during both semesters of volunteering. In Medical Biochemistry, lectured various topics for multiple semesters, substituted and lectured for professors when ill or absent, written exams de novo, created MCAT passages for unit material from research articles, modified course material, and constructed materials for students that has been used by other courses.
Literature Teacher, St. Petersburg Catholic High School 6/1/2012 — 6/1/2014
St. Petersburg, Florida
- Composition of instructional materials addressing specific educational benchmarks and management of classroom environments has augmented my ability to communicate, transmit complex information and hone interpersonal skills needed in all professions.
- Started Debate Club and Best Buddies for students with disabilities from other schools; organized events where disabled students could socialize with ours. Obtained a $20,000 scholarship in order to pay for its expenses even after my departure from the school.
Private Tutor, High School and Collegiate Levels 5/01/2010 — Present
St. Petersburg, Florida and Orlando, Florida
- Assist high school and college students to achieve success in a range of subjects, including essay writing, Algebra, Geometry, General Biology, Organic Chemistry I and II, Biochemistry, Microbiology, and Molecular Biology.
EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES. SKILLS, AND INTERESTS
- Weekly volunteer for the Adult Literacy League (approximately 375 hours from 5/2010 – 5/-2012; approximately 250 hours from 8/2014 – 8/2016); Research Contributor on Vitamin D Deficiency and Triple Negative Breast Cancer – 2nd Place in Central Florida Neuroscience Alliance Symposium; Member of the UCF Synthetic Biology Club and American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Effective communicator who enjoys presenting and learning; compassionate and empathetic with those within and outside of my daily life; diverse interests and talents in all areas of study, including reading, writing, science, cultural relationships and expressions in art.
- Japhy Blackwell – Communications Director, Ethos Risk Services: ------------
- Dr. Ning Sui – Assistant Professor, Medical Biochemistry University of Central Florida: ------------