William P Cirocco
Early Childhood Educator
Los Angeles, CA 90019
Passionate newcomer to the field of Early Childhood Education who has completed 31 core ECE units. Worked previously on political and nonprofit organizing campaigns for nearly seven years, before beginning to transition to teaching preschool. Seeking an opportunity to complete my transition and develop classroom experience from the ground up, in either a substitute or assistance teaching context.
Authorized to work in the US for any employer
Maze Rooms LA - Los Angeles, CA
August 2017 to Present
• Manage essential day-to-day office functions, including inventory, scheduling, and interfacing with customers and responding to inquiries via phone, email, and in person.
• Oversee five escape room games at the location, including resetting props and environmental elements, and troubleshooting basic problems or maintenance needs as necessary.
• Provide top-notch customer service by greeting and walking clients through escape room rules and story, answering client questions before and after their games, and providing compelling, story-driven game clues to enhance customer experience.
• Equipped with endless enthusiasm for Escape Rooms - both those onsite, as well as for the hobby in general!
Practicum Student Teacher
Los Angeles City College Lab School - Los Angeles, CA
January 2018 to June 2018
• Worked with site Master Teacher and two Assistant Teachers to supervise a classroom of up to 23 children aged 3-5 years.
• Designed and implemented lesson plans in core curricular areas, including Science, Math, Literacy, Dramatic Play, Gross and Fine Motor, and Group Time.
• Acted as Master Teacher for two separate "Lead Days," by designing and managing the daily schedule, delegating classroom responsibilities to other teachers, designing and leading Group Time activities, and designing and implementing all activity stations for the day.
+ add company name
January 2016 to November 2017
• Copy-edited various press-releases, memos, and campaign communications for various political campaigns in the San Francisco Bay Area and greater Los Angeles.
• Designed a GOTV strategy roadmap for a successful Bay Area political campaign.
Practicum Student Teacher
All Children Great & Small - Los Angeles, CA
January 2017 to June 2017
• Worked with site Master Teacher and two Assistant Teachers to supervise a classroom of up to 20 children aged 2-5.
• Designed and implemented lesson plans in core curricular areas, including Arts, Science, Math, Gross Motor, and Literacy.
Correct the spelling?
Public Education and Outreach Manager
February 2015 to November 2015
• Designed supporter ID, education, and outreach programs throughout Greater Los Angeles area.
• Developed and managed fundraising and donor acquisition goals for Equality California and Equality California Institute.
• Facilitated growth of EQCA
membership through face-to-face, phone, and electronic outreach.
• Facilitated GOTV efforts on behalf of several Equality California endorsed candidates in the Greater Los Angeles area.
• Managed two separate teams of 8 and 30 outreach associates, respectively, including developing and overseeing the implementation of campaign strategies, training, and data analysis.
Deputy Campaign Manager
September 2014 to November 2014
• Designed and coordinated Election Day GOTV effort, including over 100 paid and volunteer campaign staff stationed throughout over 60 polling stations in San Francisco BART District 8.
• Designed and coordinated campaign volunteer program; recruited, trained, and managed 26.
• Trained and developed paid canvassing staff of over 50 members in GOTV canvassing strategy
• Supervised various campaign and office systems and logistics.
• Successfully unseated the last Republican elected official in the city of San Francisco.
Grassroots Campaigns, Inc
June 2013 to June 2014
• Responsible for managing three key client accounts; Lambda Legal, Planned Parenthood Los Angeles, and California League of Conservation Voters (CLCV), including working with Donor and Marketing Managers to ensure campaigns met canvassing goals and other client objectives.
• Assisted in managing other client accounts, including The Nature Conservancy, Sierra Club, and Southern Poverty Law Center.
• Designed and led nation-wide marketing strategies and campaign goals for client organizations, including current clients, as well as Sierra Club, and U.S. Fund for UNICEF.
Regional Director of Northern California
Southern Poverty Law Center
April 2012 to June 2013
• Raised over $2,500,000 for various nonprofit organizations, including Planned Parenthood Action Fund, American Civil Liberties Union, Southern Poverty Law Center, The Nature Conservancy, Sierra Club, and Save the Children.
• Oversaw fundraising canvassing, local outreach, and direct market operations of campaigns between 48 and 119 staff in 6 different offices.
• Promoted and developed leadership staff including 6 local Canvass Directors and 12 assistant Canvass Directors in San Francisco, Berkeley, Santa Cruz, and Sacramento.
• Trained groups of 40 to 95 local campaign organizers in leadership skills, personnel management, and office logistics at three separate national staff conferences.
• Managed two petition drives for local initiatives of up to 6 staff that averaged 20 signatures per staff member/hour.
Bay Area Canvass Director
American Civil Liberties Union, and Southern Poverty Law Center
May 2010 to April 2012
• Raised over $1,250,000 for various nonprofit organizations, including Planned Parenthood Action Fund, American Civil Liberties Union, and Southern Poverty Law Center.
• Promoted and/or developed leadership staff including 7 Assistant Canvass Directors and 2 Lead Canvass Directors in San Francisco and Berkeley.
• Oversaw local fundraising and outreach operations of a campaign between 9 and 35 staff.
AA Equivalent in Child Development (31 credits)
Los Angeles City College - Los Angeles, CA
June 2017 to July 2018
102 credits towards B.A. in Dance and Drama Studies
Kenyon College - Gambier, OH
2006 to 2010
Early Childhood Education, Preschool, Teacher, Assistant Teacher, Associate Teacher, Substitute