Visual Artist/Illustrator/Art Teacher.
Fountain House/FH Gallery, New York, NY 2010-present
• 8 Art shows, exhibiting paintings with variable techniques.
• Sold three paintings during recent show.
Spanish Instructor & Writer:
• Worked with students in the “in house classes” program, by 4 consecutive semesters.
• Continuous contributor at the Fountain House Newspaper, and the Fountain Pen literary magazine.
• Multiple activities in research unit, specially concerning graphic work regarding advertising (Flyers, posters, pamphlets,)
Other art exhibitions/independent artist:
• September 2005. “Semana Cultural de Lomas Estrella”. Mexico City.
• October 2009. “Art of fashion at the Webster Hall”. Manhattan, New York City.
• October 2010. “Cosmic Psychosis”. Jadite galleries. Manhattan. New York City.
• June 2011. “Green Point gallery in Brooklyn”. Brooklyn, New York City.
• November 2011. “Art of fashion gala at the Chelsea Hotel”. Manhattan, New York City.
• September 2012. “Dumbo Art Festival”. Gleasons GYM. Brooklyn, New York City.
• 2016: Executed an important art commission for a renown Jewish pianist (A portrait of him rehearsing)
Visual Arts Instructor:
Mexico City/New York City 2002-present
• 2002-2009: Worked with students in my own Art Academy (“Diego Rivera Art Academy”), teaching multiple Visual Arts techniques, including CorelDraw Graphics Suite.
• 2010-present: Assisted students to create their portfolio to apply for admission to art institute. Many other young students in Manhattan New York City.
• 2017 (January-June school semester): SCO family of services as a Visual Arts Specialist, where I was finger printed and complied with all the requirements specified by the NYC department of education in order to be allowed to workd with middle school children (grades 6-8). There I also designed my program at a 100% in contents and teaching methods.
• 2018 (January-June school semester): Digital Age Learning as a Visual Arts Specialist, where I was finger printed and complied with all the requirements specified by the NYC department of education in order to be allowed to workd with middle school children (grades 6-8). There I also designed my program at a 100% in contents and teaching methods.
• Published author of 4 illustrated poetry books that had been distributed in Mexico City and Madrid Spain.
• Head of the Arts & Culture section for the Fountain House Newspaper (2010-present)
Book illustrator: 2007-present
• Provided the illustrations for published books, distributed in Mexico and Madrid Spain.
• Provided the illustrations for the book of Doctor Christopher Long about children with ADHD.
• Provided the illustrations for the most recent book of Doctor Christopher Long about children in foster care.
• Provided the illustration for the cover of David Rugeiro’s most recent fiction Novel.
Publicaciones Faro de Gracia, Mexico City. 1998-2005
• Translated religious literature for a Baptist congregation.
Diverse literature for young readers (English to Spanish), New York City. 2010-Present
Universidad Autónoma Metropolitana, Mexico City– Bachelor’s Degree, Sociology. (1995-1999)
F. Golla Private Art Academy, Mexico City – Visual Arts certificate. (2000-2003)
Instituto ICM, Mexico City – Graphic design by computer. (2004-2006)
Harmon Hall Institute, Mexico City – English Language certificate. (2004-2006)
Proficient in multiple visual arts techniques.
Proficient in CorelDraw, CorelPhotopaint, Flash MX, Paper Port.
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Proficient in Microsoft Publisher.
Bilingual in English/Spanish, specialized in text translation and teaching of both languages.
Proficiency in Windows most recent platforms.
Proficiency in internet overall.
Music composition/Recording software.
Link to one of my recordings:
Artist web page (Don’t miss each one of my 11 albums):
Availability to work in the US?
: Yes, I’m a US citizen.
Visual Artist, Illustrator, Art teacher.