525 Dakota Drive,Hamilton, New Jersey, 08619 |Ph: ------------ |Vaibhavvig@gmail.com
Vaibhav has 7 years of experience in one of the top multinational company, where he worked towards increasing business of one of the core divisions within the company. During his professional experience he used analytical skills to develop leading analytical solutions for marketing, finance and sales teams.
• A Data Scientist professional with 7+ Years of progressive experience in Data Analytics, Statistical Modeling, Visualization and Machine Learning managing marketing, sales and finance data.
• Excellent capability in collaboration, quick learning and adaptation.
• Experience in Data mining with large datasets of Structured and Unstructured data, Data Acquisition, Data Validation, Predictive modeling, Data Visualization.
• Experience in integrating data, profiling, validating and data cleansing transformation and data visualization using R and Python.
• Theoretical foundations and practical hands-on projects related to (i) supervised learning (linear and logistic regression, boosted decision trees, Support Vector Machines, neural networks, NLP), (ii) unsupervised learning (clustering, dimensionality reduction, recommender systems), (iii) probability & statistics, experiment analysis, confidence intervals, A/B testing
• Hands on experience in design, management and visualization of databases using Oracle, MySQL and SQL Server.
• Intensive hands-on Boot camp on Data Analytics course spanning from Statistics to Programming including data engineering, data visualization, machine learning and programming in R, SQL.
• Experience in data analytics, predictive analysis like Classification, Regression, Recommender Systems.
• Experience in Descriptive Analysis Problems like Frequent Pattern Mining, Clustering, and Outlier Detection.
• Good Exposure on SAS analytics.
• Good Exposure in deep learning with Tensor flow in python.
• Good Knowledge on Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Time Series Analysis and Forecasting using ARIMA model in Python and R.
• Good knowledge in Tableau, Power BI for interactive data visualizations.
• Good exposure in creating pivot tables and charts in Excel.
• Experience in developing Custom Report and different types of Tabular Reports, Matrix Reports, Ad hoc reports and distributed reports in multiple formats using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
• Excellent Database administration (DBA) skills including user authorizations, Database creation, Tables, indexes and backup creation.
• Involved in various projects related to Data Modeling, Data Analysis, Design and Development for both OLTP and Data warehousing environments.
• Facilitated data requirement meetings with business and technical stakeholders and resolved conflicts to drive decisions.
• Strong understanding of Data Modeling in data warehouse environment such as star schema and snow flake schema.
• Collaborated with sister firm, IT implementation practice of SIEMENS, to develop a analytics engine on sales
force CRM, the solution has been successfully implemented for one project.
• Led and developed Multi-Channel Attribution solution to study marketing customer journeys and
understand factors to drive conversion using R
• Developed a pricing strategy for two of the business divisions of the client by analyzing their transactions
and quotation data in SQL, and also recommended optimum price increase
• Identified key drivers of a good quotation to be nurtured through sales reps by implementing decision tree
based customer propensity solution in R; Expected $2M in incremental revenue.
• Optimized email campaign product recommendations based on past customer purchase behavior using
Market Basket Analysis in R.
• Designed a business model for Business Analytics to service Merchandising and Marketing organizations;
Collaborated with external partners to convert a starving project pipeline into healthy multi-year business
• Completed feasibility study using data mining and regression analysis to assess product portfolio launch in market.
• Mapping & Validation of top customers data from Siemens CRM system to be used by Finance team.
• Led a team of four to build an automated tool for predicting the optimum quantity of spare parts hat need
to be carried by a service technician to achieve a maximum first time resolution, using Time series
forecasting and Non-linear optimization technique.
• Built a customer engagement strategy for a leading tech giant by generating primary data using survey
designed in Sawtooth and then conducted analysis to identify key switching behavior of customers
Insights Manager/Data Scientist Jan 2018-July 2018
• Managed and executed projects from start to finish including data gathering, manipulation, communication of insights and recommendations. Total value of each project was on average $6M.
• Developed performance dashboards with key metrics for review with senior leadership and business teams.
• Performed analyses of structured and unstructured data to solve complex business problems ,utilizing advanced statistical techniques and mathematical analyses using technologies like R, TABLEAU, PYTHON & SQL.
Marketing Analytics Manager Jan 2017-Dec 2017
• Studied market trends through research, customer meetings and competitor mapping for Industrial products.
• Responsible for annual planning activities and develop actionable insights for product portfolio.
• Co-ordinated with 4 cross sectional teams in launch of new products for key accounts leading to 5 MIL USD of new business.
Data and Strategy Senior Associate Jan 2016 -Dec 2016
Developed a current assessment dashboard to unearth excess inventory at channel/distributor locations of by deep diving into different Data sources such as purchase order data, inventory data and sales order data.
• Spearheaded the development of a pricing dashboard based on historical sales transaction by region & products, thereby enabling the sales force to prepare better quotes.
Data and Strategy Associate July 2011-Dec 2015
• Created marketing collaterals for Sales teams, dealers and channel partners.
• Developed a revenue management model for a global hospitality chain by creating a statistical forecasting model for each of the room categories, thereby proposing an increase RevPar of the hotel by 15%
• Conducted a benchmarking analysis of major player in the industrial automation space, helping Siemens to make informed decisions about launching new services in the western India region.
• Designed a detailed customer profiling by segmenting existing and new customers based on their historical purchases and also their firmographic details to effectively cross-sell products/services to customers
TEMPLE UNIVERSITY, The Fox School of Business, Philadelphia, USA
Master of Science, Majors in Business Analytics & Advanced Statistics,Full Time | GPA: 3.91/4.00 2019
• Performed analysis and reporting of New York Vehicular data using SQL and Python.
• Performed statistical project analysis on vineyard data using Regression & charting techniques in R.
• Designed and Created dashboard in Tableau showing household income and debt of US states.
• Performed Clustering techniques(K-means and Hierarchial) in R-Studio on Black Friday retail store data across NY. Analyzed the performance and impact of various variables using regression.
University of Mumbai, Mumbai,India
Bachelors of Electrical Engineering,Full Time | GPA: 3.50/4.00 2011
• Member of placement council, coordinating and arranging for speakers from Industry.
• Completed 45 courses from electrical, computer science & applied mathematics domain.
• Awarded “Star Performer” in 2016 by CEO of Business Unit for crafting strategies using advanced analytics and statistics to improve top line by 18% yoy and bottom line by 4% yoy.
• “Achiever Award” in 2015 for crafting analytics engine for “go to market strategy”
Microsoft Office • Engineering • Tableau • SQL • Product Management • Business Analytics • Digital Marketing • Financial Reporting •R •Python • Lean Six Sigma
Tableau • SQL • Product Management • Business Analytics • Digital Marketing • Finan