Tasheanna Williams Sacramento,
BA-California State University, Sacramento (Journalism, minor in Creative Writing)
To obtain develop a career in communications and marketing
Acquisitions/ Book Scouting (remote)
March 13, 2018-Current Responsibilities
● Use analytical skills to read and review for the international publishing market and confront personal interest for books with the trends of the international book market.
● Read manuscripts and turn in a four page report in 24 hours.
● Be prompt and execute clarity in reports.
● Have knowledge of current publishing markets and their elements.
Marketing Assistant- Garbage Gripper
November 2018- Present
● Creative mind to design, and the ability to maintain an online footprint, using social media to create long-term product growth.
● Working directly with the CEO on marketing ideas.
● Working directly with existing marketing staff.
● Keeping tabs on all social media, including Facebook, twitter and Instagram
● Assisting in a variety of marketing methods including direct mail, social media, and print ad
Junior Marketing and Communications Intern-Pursuit Promotional Management July 2018- September 2018
● Effectively communicate directly with clients’ consumers to establish a positive brand image to
● Assist the Public Relations and Marketing Manager in creating Public Relations campaigns that
align with each client’s corporate objectives, increase clients’ market brand share, and
● Serve as a consultant and liaison between consumers and corporate clientele to resolve
communications issues and articulate key brand messages.
● Assist in campaign setup and breakdown, handle client and company merchandise and campaign materials, and coordinate the transition of marketing campaign materials as necessary
Server/Caterer- University Enterprises Inc. October 2015-July 2018
● Transport food and beverages to event locations or restaurant guest in a timely manner while
being polite and observant
● Set up for events, carry trays, serve guests and clean up at the event’s conclusion or at closing
and prepare the space for the following day
● Focus to detail and customer service on the job while staying on my feet and moving about
freely to adhere that everything goes smoothly
● Adhere to health and safety standards at all times, even when closing down at the end of the
● Performing other tasks as assigned throughout the shift
● Be food handling certified
Server- Downtown and Vine LLC November 2016-October 2017
● Develop knowledge of wines in stock in order to effectively describe them to customers
● Be able to work with team members and individually to make sure the bar and restaurant is
● Have background knowledge of wine varietals and specific beers
● Understand the ins and outs of banquet serving and set up; helped serve and pour at events
with up to 170 people
● Worked with POS systems
Sales Associate- Educational Outfitters
June 2015-August 2015 AND May 2016-August 2016 Responsibilities
● Greeted and welcomed customers upon entrance; offer assistance
● Took on the task of helping various families with getting school uniforms for different schools
● Managed to remember dress code regulations and requirements for almost 2 dozen schools,
as well as product numbers for items sold in the store
● Learned how to work a point of sales system and heat presses
● Analyzed style choices by assessing shape, size of customer(s) and school requirements
● Worked 10-30 hour weeks
● Had to do various task, geared towards the upkeep of the store (clean bathrooms, vacuum,
clean windows, stocking etc).
● Made calls and took calls from customers, regarding general store questions and orders.
● Documented sales by creating and/or updating customer profiles.
● Food handler card: obtained May 2018
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Comprehensive knowledge of AP style and guidelines
● Basic/general understanding of publications and the various positions involved
● Strong English and general Math skills
● Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Windows 7 and Excel
● Can work in a fast paced environment
● Can work with a team and independently effectively
● Excellent speed reader
Journalism. Blogger, social media, marketing assistant, public relations, publishing, writer