1618 N 26th Street Boise, ID 83702
Hxxx-xxx-xxxx Cxxx-xxx-xxxx E xxx-xxx-xxxx
Objective & Summary
Obtain a challenging position that utilizes my organizational and interpersonal skills. Results-oriented business professional with 14 years of solid marketing and IBM experience. Skills include strategic marketing, demand generation program execution, acquisitions, event management and proficiency with IBM Marketing tools and systems.
WW Performance Marketing, Analytics & Hybrid Cloud October 2011 – Jan 2019
• Generate demand for IBM Analytics solutions through message, audience and marketing mix recommendations.
• Create campaigns and end-to-end marketing tactics for IBM offerings including Cognos, BigInsights, and Netezza.
• Manage the execution of worldwide media, paid search, and launch-related tactics to generate response volume for qualification and conversion to validated lead and win revenue.
• Collaborate with peers in other marketing disciplines to ensure that messages are well-coordinated and timed in the marketplace.
• Enable and manage agencies and media vendor relationships to ensure efficient delivery of exceptional assets and programs.
Software Group Mergers & Acquisitions January 2007 – September 2011
• Mentored, supported and integrated the marketing teams of acquired companies including FileNet, Cognos, Optim, DataMirror, SPSS, Guardium, Initiate, PSS Systems, Clarity Systems, OpenPages, Datacap and Netezza.
• Enabled acquired teams by providing education and training on tools such as BAT, MEPT, EST and IConS.
• Evaluated asset inventory and collaborated with subject matter experts to identify content for migration to IBM repositories and sales enablement sites.
• Created templates in IBM-approved formats for white papers, FAQs, customer wins, presentations, etc. Bluewashed identified documents and posted to Software Sellers Workplace using IConS; created and maintained sales kits.
WW Events February 2008 – February 2009
• Managed WW event project plan and provided VLR, WR, and event attendance data for executive reports.
• Engaged and placed executive speakers for IOD Comes to You, IOD Executive Summits, and other proprietary event series.
• Created and maintained events content on web, wiki, XL (now SSW), and LI teamrooms; updated quarterly.
• Drove updates from WW team; distributed content to web, teamrooms, and IMT/IOT leads; fulfilled geo support requirements.
• Provided events-related content to internal and external newsletters and websites.
Ascential Software / IBM Software group (acquired by IBM April 2005)
Marketing Programs Manager March 2004 – December 2006
• Executed event, seminar, online and interactive demand generation tactics; end-to-end program management.
• Delivered high-impact lead generation programs; defined tactic, target audience, offers, lead processing flow, related sales tools and quantitative objectives.
• Researched, selected and developed vendor relationships to extend the bandwidth of the internal marketing team. Negotiated services and costs, briefed agencies and managed projects to ensure on-time delivery.
Medical Transcription & Freelance Writing October 2001 – March 2004
• Wrote, edited and transcribed reports, manuals, sales & marketing materials, and medical documents. Provided substantive developmental editing to ensure consistency in style, voice, appearance, and concept.
• Clients included Mercator Software, Type A Communications, Magma Interactive, Knipe Janoush Knipe, and Sage Health Care.
Micron Internet Services / HostPro Boise, ID
Technical Writer May 1998 – October 2001
• Wrote and edited software engineering department documents and software requirements documents.
• Edited manuals for content, clarity, conciseness, accuracy, and consistency; created company-wide style sheet.
• Worked with a variety of internal customers to define and document product/project requirements.
Education Boise State University, BA, English Literature Boise, ID
transcription, edit, proofread, publish