Thomas Harmon's Resume
xxx-xxx-xxxx | xxx-xxx-xxxx | Melbourne, FL
Generation IT Training Program, Jacksonville, FL Dec 2016 – March 2017
Computer Technician A+ Course
● Selected through the competitive application process to participate in 11-week career
readiness and technical training.
● Comp TIA IT Fundamentals certified
● Comp TIA A+ and Network+ certified (in progress)
● Demonstrated expertise in skills including equipment set up, hardware installations,
mass software installations, problem-solving strategies, and team building.
Matanzas STEM Academy, Palm Coast, FL Graduated May 2015
Activities: Varsity Lacrosse (2 years), Science/STEM Olympiad (4 years)
Atlantic Business Systems, Melbourne, FL May 2019 – Present
Help Desk Technician
● Troubleshoot Windows 10 devices for software issues.
● Troubleshoot iOS and macOS devices for software issues.
● Troubleshoot copiers, printers, scanners and fax machines.
● Troubleshoot Virtual Private Networking software so end users can access the domain
● Troubleshoot Remote Desktop Protocol so users can access other computers to
● Troubleshoot Microsoft Office programs so end user can maintain utilization.
● Troubleshoot Microsoft Office 365 via administrative portal.
● Troubleshoot any third-party software using the manufacturer’s knowledge base and
● Contact to third-party on behalf of customer if required.
● Troubleshoot Domain Controllers for Active Directory issues.
● Troubleshoot File Servers for user access issues.
● Troubleshoot Terminal Servers to maintain application access for users.
● Analyze and audit Domain Controllers, File Servers and Terminals to maintain security.
Robert Half, Jacksonville, FL Jan 2019 – May 2019
City of Jacksonville Desktop Refresh Technician (Contract)
● Troubleshooting Windows 10 devices for active directory and software issues until
customer satisfaction is achieved.
● Image new personal computers with security software and any other software required.
● Use the User State Migration Tool in the command prompt to migrate information from
one user to another or manually depending on how much information there is.
● Configure printers/scanners/fax machines, wireless peripherals, and any other devices
that may need additional configuration.
● Makes sure the user is in the proper groups in active directory.
● Verify the serial numbers of both the new and old system.
● Install and obtain licensing for any software that is required for the end user’s job
● Help clients with general “how to” tips on new software if they need assistance.
● Obtain signature verifications that all data has been transferred successfully.
● Remove hard drives of old machines.
● Remove graphics cards, network interface cards and any other valuable peripheral
component interconnect device for reuse.
Concentrix, Jacksonville, FL Mar 2017 – Jan 2019
Apple Tier 2 Technical Support Advisor
● Troubleshooting iOS and macOS devices via inbound and outbound calls to reach or
create a path to resolution in a timely manner, maintain an acceptable customer
● Troubleshooting within my scope of support via software resolution, if not software then
isolate the issue to transfer or refer the customer to the proper resources to reach or
create a path to resolution.
● Help customers with account security, account management features and account
● Log all steps performed in the call, all vital information and further steps to resolve the
● Follow up with the customer to make sure the issue is resolved.
● Position unpleasant information to customers and use soft skills to guide the interaction.
network +, security +, CCNA, CCIS