Thierry Sarr C.M.
9400 La Tijera Boulevard Apt. 4133
CA, 90045 Mobile: +1 ------------
Email: ------------ LinkedIn: Thierry Sarr C.M.
EDUCATION: American Association of Airport Executives Certified Member
Bachelor of Science, Aviation Management
Florida Institute of Technology College of Aeronautics, Melbourne FL, USA January 2006 – May 2007 (Junior & Senior years)
SKEMA Bachelors (Ex CERAM EAI-Tech), Sophia Antipolis, FRANCE January 2004 – December 2005 (Freshman & Sophomore years)
EXPERIENCE: Senior Aviation Planner – Office of the COO/CEO, Los Angeles World Airports, Los Angeles CA, USA
May 2019 - Present
• Executive technical assistant to Interim CEO and COO.
• Major programs / project coordination and tracking.
• Single point of contact for airline matters.
• Project management and contract administration.
Founder / Director, TAVONY LLC, Los Angeles CA, USA
August 2018 – Present
• Transferred entity from NJ to CA.
• Board game currently being used in Senegal for school competitions.
• Joint copyrights application to USPTO in progress.
• Obtained USPTO patent for ambulatory cane umbrella (preliminary engineering in progress).
Project Manager II, Berg & Associates, Los Angeles CA, USA
December 2017 – May 2019
• Project management and coordination for various strategic operations projects including traffic analysis, auxiliary curb planning and implementation, Midfield Satellite Concourse stakeholder outreach, landside facilities optimization, aviation planning and airspace analysis.
• Operational planning to minimize impacts of LAWA's capital improvement program on landside facilities.
• Prepared various technical reports and presentations for executives.
• Served as technical resource, provided training and mentoring team members.
Founder / Director, TAVONY LLC, Jersey City CA, USA (www.tavony.com)
April 2017 – August 2018
• Founded TAVONY LLC to implement innovative and high impact STEM initiatives.
• Received grant from Open Society Initiative for West Africa (OSIWA) to co-create a board game to promote active citizenship engagement in Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS).
Senior Aviation Planner / Staff Extension (Port Authority of New York and New Jersey), Michael Baker International, New York NY, USA
October 2016 – November 2017
• Coordinated efforts related to the EWR End Around Taxiway and JFK Runway 13L-31R Rehabilitation/Taxiways Improvement studies.
• Reviewed technical memoranda, presentations, technical drawings, and other deliverables.
• Prepared presentations for stakeholder outreach and meetings.
• Performed airspace obstruction analysis.
Aviation Planning Task Lead / Airfield Coordinator, CH2M, Chicago IL, USA December 2012 – October 2016
• Led various planning projects including Airport Layout Plan set preparations by identifying resources, providing technical guidance, and coordinating efforts between team members.
• Mentored junior aviation planners and provided input related to staffing and specialty software acquisition.
• Performed business development tasks.
Associate Aviation Planner, CH2MHILL, Cincinnati OH, USA April 2011 – December 2012
• Led tasks pertaining to airport program management and aviation projects.
• Responsible for coordinating efforts of several departments and delivered final products.
• Assisted senior aviation planning, environmental and engineering managers in charge of civil and military airside planning and development projects.
• Served a resource for aviation planning related queries.
Associate Airport Planner, CH2MHILL Program Managers for Mumbai International Airport Pvt. Ltd., Mumbai, INDIA. Part of the program management team supervising the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport expansion and renovation July 2008 – December 2010
• Validated, revised and generated development recommendations contained in the Airport Master Plan by prioritizing construction projects according to schedule, cost/benefit, potential impacts on operations and compliance with national and international standards (ICAO, IATA or DGCA/AAI).
• Ensured that the integrity of the Airport Master Plan was maintained throughout the implementation stages.
• Liaison between Projects and Operations departments, provided information needed to create periodic aeronautical publications.
• Reviewed airfield related designs and technical reports.
Junior Aviation Planner, CH2MHILL, Cincinnati OH, USA July 2007 – June 2008
• Supported the preparation of airport master plans and airport layout plans for clients in the U.S. and overseas using FAA, ICAO and military (UFC) standards as appropriate.
• Performed airspace obstruction analysis, runway length analysis, air traffic control line of sight analysis, runway orientation/wind coverage analysis and prepared general aviation (GA) development plans.
• Familiarity with FAA, ICAO, IATA, US Military aviation planning and design standards.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
• AutoCAD Civil 3D, Microstation, GIS, Sketchup, REVIT, VISSIM.
• Aviation Related: Aviplan (Path Planner, Aeroturn), Obstacle Surface Planner, REDIM, IATA Airport Resource Manager, Aerobahn, Jeppesen Total Airspace and Airport Modeler (TAAM) viewer.
• Bilingual English and French
AWARDS & ACCOMPLISHMENTS:
United States Patent No. US 10,470,537 B1 – Ambulatory Cane Umbrella (Nov. 2019) – 2018 ACC Young Professionals Innovation Competition 1st Place (Solar Powered & Intelligent Pavement), TV Guest Appearance / US Airport Specialist – TV ASAHI Japanese TV show on Tokyo Airports and Japan Airlines (2016), Black Engineer of Year Award – Special Recognition (2016), 2nd Place CDA’s Airports Going Green Hackathon (2015), CH2MHill Employee Recognition Awards (2014 – Mentoring/Training and 2013 – Community Investment), Florida Institute of Technology Dean’s list and Outstanding Senior in Aviation Management (2007), Skema Bachelors Distinguished Scholar in Aviation Management (2005), and Mahindra NBA Challenge All Star (Mumbai 2010).
INTERESTS: STEM promotion and mentoring, basketball, science and technology, reading, travels.
AutoCAD, CAD, GIS, Simulation, MS Office, MicroStation, French, Management, Training, Innovation