To Whom It May Concern:
I've enclosed my resume as a first step in exploring the possibilities of employment with your company. I would bring focus and quality that meet or surpass your expectations and I work well with others.
Please contact me at your earliest convenience. I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you.
An Accomplished Office Manager with 30+ years of experience and 23 years of extensive experience in automating office duties through research and implementation of software applications, including requirements definition, prototyping, proof of concept, interface implementation, testing, and maintenance, specializing in Microsoft Office, Point-of-Rental, Peachtree(Sage 50cloud Accounting)
Summary of Qualifications
Possess skills in Peachtree (Sage 50cloud Accounting) software.
Extensive experience in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, and Excel
Strong knowledge in Point-of-rental software for inventory management
Solid leadership and management skills, demonstrated proficiency in leading and mentoring individuals to maximize levels of productivity, while forming cohesive team environments.
Procure permits for job sites.
Procure certificate of Insurance.
Procure Workman’s Comp.
Maintain business license.
Schedule delivery and pick-up of all material handling equipment.
Order office supplies and replenish inventory obtained quotes to get best purchase prices.
Create purchase orders for all purchases.
Schedule Flights for laborers to complete out of state jobs.
Supervise, assign work and evaluate an Administrative Assistant
Coordinate President/CEO business and social calendar
Maintain schedule and coordinate department meetings, safety meetings or other assemblies as
directed, maintain minutes for meetings
Prepare contracts and obtain signature and deposit
Software Point-of-rental inventory management, Peachtree(Sage 50cloud Accounting) accounting software, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Powerpoint, Microsoft Outlook.
South Plainfield NJ
Served as a lead member of Office Team, devised a plan to create proposal templates to help automate the calculation of running totals for rental equipment.
• Developed “proof of concept” product, made a presentation to management, obtained approval, and built solution that reduced the time to create rental proposals.
• Instituted a plan to create templates using Microsoft Excel, eliminating the need to create a new spreadsheet for new proposals, resulted in reducing the turnaround time for new proposals by 6 hours each. Lead office team of 6 employees, created a project plan, provided estimates based on office associate experience, created daily “stand up” meetings to check progress, and discuss roadblocks and provided feedback to project and product managers to assess risks. Ran tests on newly created templates as a group to assure the quality of the proposals.
Inventory System Automation
Researched inventory control systems designed to meet the needs of rental companies and decided on the point-of-rental inventory system. Designed a process that included research for our IT group to load our current inventory from excel spreadsheets and older Intellivent system into the new point-of-rental system.
• Analyzed data, created project plan, set goals and deliverables, audit progress, documented and delivered presentation to gain approval.
• Contract change management is in one application now, tracking notes and phone conversations about current and future jobs are easier to manage using the new software. We reduced order errors and inventory shortages by having our entire inventory in one easy to use application that saved time and increased customer satisfaction and reduced staff through efficiencies
Participated in critical decisions to help determine customer credit worthiness and exposure by researching D&B ratings and prior payment history to manage company risk.
• Created collection letters and send them certified mail. Worked with customers on payment plans and follow up monthly by email or phone to be sure to collect monies owed.
• Collected on average $15,000 monthly on slow-paying accounts
Legacy accounting practice included hand written ledgers, invoicing used three-part paper, customer contacts were stored on index cards.
• Researched Accounting software and selected Peachtree, now called Peachtree(Sage 50cloud Accounting)
• Created reports and invoices in accounting software resulting in over 20 hours of manual work weekly.
• Implemented email invoicing that saves the company $2000 monthly in paper and mailing expenses.
Laboratory Corporation of America
Customer Service Representative 03/92 – 07/97
• Interacted with doctors and nurses to provide results
• Reported all transmitted diseases to the state of New Jersey
• Scheduled customers and answered phone calls
Immaculate conception High School, NJ 1980
• Pluralsight Introduction to SQL
• Pluralsight Introduction to Sql Server • Salesforce Trailheads for Administrators