TAHEREH ARNOLD ________________________________
4040 Northstone Drive Apt#104
Raleigh, NC 27604
Pre-K and Elementary Tutor position
· Devoted teaching professional with the gift to reach each and every child and instill love of learning.
· Demonstrated talent for designing age-appropriate lessons and activities that teach fundamental academic and socialization skills.
· Proven ability for offering individualized support, ensuring that each child’s
unique needs and goals are met.
· Enthusiastic person, who sends additional resources to promote education at home.
· Fluent in Farsi and English.
· Hard working and motivated educator, with strong communication skills to cultivate working relationships within the school community.
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
University of Southern Maine 2003-2007
Maine Early Language and Literacy Maine Roads to Quality 2009
Introduction to Early Childhood Dev. Maine Roads to Quality 2009
Heart Saver Pediatric First Aid
American Heart Association 2009
· Developed and instructed age-appropriate lesson plans that encourage physical, emotional, social, and academic growth.
· Taught basic social blocks (Math, Science, Social Studies, and English).
· Attended staff meetings and workshops to develop and discuss new teaching
methods, progress, and problems of children.
. Showcased children's work to boost self-esteem and to keep them motivated.
· Created a nurturing and encouraging environment, in which children thrived academically and socially.
· Utilized a Positive Reinforcement/Positive Feedback methodology to promote beneficial behavior and increase self-esteem.
· Formed positive relationships with the children.
· Modeled positive communication and interaction.
· Observed and recorded each child's development.
· Maintained individual portfolios including skills checklist, labeled work
samples, and quarterly student assessments.
· Documented attendance of children, and prepared accident/incident reports as necessary.
· Assessed individual and group needs.
· Responded to parent/designated family member's enquiries regarding children's
progress, behavior, and health.
· Designed and administrated a monthly newsletter to inform parents regarding our units of studies, provide easy-to-follow tips/activities/reading materials at home.
· Coordinated Parental permission and field trips for up to 16 students.
· Recruited parent volunteers for field trips.
· Recommended resources and programs in the community that helped foster a
healthy growth and development for families.
St. Elizabeth’s Child Development Center 2008-2010 Portland, Maine
Substitute Teacher Gray School District, Gray, Maine 2005
Intern Teaching Student
Richie Elementary School, Portland, Maine 2003-2004
· As a student in the TEAMS ( Teachers for Elementary and Middle School) program at the University Of Southern Maine, I gained valuable teaching experience from each of my field placements; I interned in various educational settings, classroom and after-school programs, which provided me with hands-on experience with diverse age groups and grade levels
References Available Upon Request