Tarik M. Zwain
------------ | Rancho Palos Verdes, CA | ------------ | ------------/in/tarikmzwain
Microsoft Certified Professional (MCTS – SCCM) offering 8+ years of proven IT achievement. Independently successful but desiring a return to teamwork and more advanced projects. Security focused, with a background that includes installing and administering Microsoft Active Directory and SCCM infrastructure to proactively implementing better systems integration, automation and, security for two nationwide retailers. Detail oriented, a quick learner and excellent communicator who responds well in high-pressure situations and always with a great attitude.
• MCP, MCTS - SCCM 2012
• MOS, MS Access
• MS SQL Server 2000 - 2017
• Active Directory 2003 - 2016 – DNS, DHCP, GPO, CS
• Server 2003 - 2016
• Office 365, OneDrive and SharePoint
• Azure IAAS
• MS Exchange Server 2003 - 2010
• VMWare ESXi 5.x
• PCI/DSS Compliance
• SSL and Encryption
• PowerShell and VB Scripting
• Relationship Building
• Exceptional Troubleshooting
• EMC Networker and DataDomain Storage
• Teaching and Developing Training Programs
• Active Listening and Conflict Resolution
• Authoring Technical and End-user Documentation
• Cryptocurrency Mining and Trading (Personally)
8/2017 - Present
Rancho Palos Verdes, CA
Performing independent work on a contract basis for clients of different sizes and industries.
• Troubleshooting and resolving SCCM issues such as configuration, database and capacity problems and recommending security and performance enhancements.
• Installing and troubleshooting Windows servers and Active Directory infrastructure including Group Policy, DNS, DHCP, and CS.
• Focusing on smaller projects; providing rapid delivery, comprehensive support, and achieving high customer loyalty while solving many challenges.
National Stores Inc.
2/2016 - 8/2017
Managed Windows, Linux and IBM infrastructure with 80+ VMs on 8 physical hosts in 2 datacenters with a prioritized focus on security and PCI compliance for this long-time national retailer. Supported more than 250 stores, 3 distribution centers plus 200 corporate and field personnel.
• Implemented SCCM 2012 R2 to automate patching, OS builds and application deployment, resulting in improved security and compliance strategies plus a 20% reduction in desktop support staff.
• Transformed our Exchange backup storage requirements. Using EMC Networker and Data Domain, recommended a better backup routine and data retention policy which reduced the amount of backup storage used from 184 TB down to 40.4 TB, a reduction of 78%.
• Created PowerShell automation scripts for onboarding and management of users in AD and Exchange.
• Key investigator in resolving, through licensing discrepancies, a dispute with a major vendor, recovering over $100K and discontinuing a toxic project.
6/2011 - 6/2015
Costa Mesa, CA
Respected member of Infrastructure team in Windows, IBM and Oracle on RHEL environment for this growing national retailer. Proactively built support relationships with corporate, store, distribution center and field end-users. Vital team member for infrastructure security, Backup/DR, PCI Compliance and in charge of SCCM 2012 implementation and administration.
• Deployed ESET Enterprise Anti-Malware solution for over 1500 client machines including POS terminals.
• Worked w/ Microsoft to resolve SCCM 2007 issue that was preventing use of the system.
• Wrote administration manual for automation of MS software updates via SCCM.
• Worked directly with HR to develop training program for more than 3000 store personnel accessed via POS intranet.
• Aided implementation of Cisco unified communications including VOIP.
• Part of team using an IPS by Snort to proactively detect and prevent network intrusions.
California State University of Northridge - Studied Chemistry, Computer Science - GPA 3.1
College of the Canyons - Earned Transfer Status to CSUN