Sylvia M. Miller Resume
Sylvia M. Miller
Critical thinker and problem solver experienced in working with others and teaching peer’s complex material in an easily understood way. Great understanding of ADD/ADHD as well as methods and resources
which make conquering subjects an achievable goal.
University of Maryland, College Park, MD
Bachelor of Science, Physiology and Neurobiology; GPA: 3.60
Providence College, Providence, RI, BS Biology; GPA: 3.35
Indian Creek High School, Crownsville, MD; GPA: 3.8
SKILLS & AWARDS
Expert in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Skills: Communication, Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, Teamwork, Leadership, and Adaptability Recipient: Providence College Athletic Scholarship
Recipient: Division I National Academic Squad (2016; 2017)
Recipient: Big East Academic Honor Roll (2016; 2017)
Recipient: Big East All-Academic Team (2016, 2017, 2018)
Recipient: Big East Weekly Honor Roll (10/17/16; 10/24/16)
Recipient: 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Certification (5/5/19)
LEADERSHIP & ATHLETIC EXPERIENCE
Providence College Division 1 Women’s Field Hockey Team
• Devoted 30+ hours weekly while maintaining strong academics.
• Contributed to a goal-oriented team – developing leadership, time management & organizational skills.
Team Captain on High School Field Hockey Team Fall 2012-Fall 2016
• Led both experienced and new players on the field to achieve a cohesive team that achieved their goals.
Whole Yoga and Pilates & Numi Yoga, Yoga Instructor, Odenton & College Park, MD Summer 2019-Present • Provide instruction to students through yoga flows with consideration of anatomy and physiology.
Chesapeake Orthopedic and Sports Medicine Center, Hanover, MD Summer 2019 Scribe for Dr. Russell R. Bear
• Documented the physician dictated patient history, physical examination, family, social, and past
medical history as well as procedures, lab results, radiographic impressions and other information. Georgetown University Hospital, Regulatory Associate for Clinical Research, Washington, D.C., Accepted
• Responsible for official paperwork for clinical trials, ensuring compliance with federal regulations.
J. Crew Factory, Retail Associate, Hanover, MD Summer 2018
• Responsible for products sales, shipments, and organization to help sell products to customers. Hollister Co., Retail Associate, Annapolis, MD 2014-2015
Fall 2016-Spring 2018
• Responsible for merchandise and organization while working with a team.
VOLUNTEER & COMMUNITY SERVICE
Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) Association, Washington, D.C. Summer 2018-Present • Support for the ALS Association in their efforts to raise money for research and patient services,
promote awareness about and advocate in state and federal government on issues related to ALS.
Girls on the Run, Providence College Fall 2016-Spring 2018 • Supported school age girls by demonstrating and stressing the importance of having confidence and
motivation through developing inner strength.
A Walk to End Alzheimer’s, Providence, RI Spring 2017
• Supported the Alzheimer’s Association in their efforts to raise money for awareness and research.
Veterans of Foreign War’s, Odenton, MD 2012-Present • Support veterans and their families through fundraisers and annual Children’s Parties.