Student Seeks Non-Profit and Communications Opportunities
1215 30th Street, Des Moines IA 50311 • ------------
I am a student entering the field of communications that is primarily interested in seeking opportunities with non-profit organizations.
SEPTEMBER 2017 – PRESENT
AMERICORPS INTERN AND OPERATIONS ASSISTANT, IOWA RADIO READING INFORMATION SERVICES FOR THE BLIND AND PRINT HANDICAPPED (IRIS)
I began at IRIS as an AmeriCorps Intern during the Fall 2017 semester primarily focusing on communications. I created and distributed promotional materials, assisted with outreach and organized a new database of listener information. This internship led to a part-time position beginning May of 2018 assisting with broadcasting operations and managing volunteers.
AUGUST 2018 – DECEMBER 2018
SOCIAL MEDIA AND EVENTS INTERN, THE CYSTIC FIBROSIS FOUNDATION – IOWA CHAPTER
I am currently serving as the Fall 2018 Social Media and Events Intern for CFF-Iowa. I have scheduled a variety of social media posts and created promotional materials. I also assisted in event-planning aspects such as organizing a silent auction and managing volunteers at an event.
EXPECTED GRADUATION DATE MAY, 2020
PUBLIC RELATIONS AND ADVERTISING, DRAKE UNIVERSITY
• Minor in Politics
• 3.56 GPA
• Staff Writer for the Times-Delphic Student Newspaper
• IRIS Service Learning Ambassador for the 2018-2019 School Year
- This is a paid position in which I train and schedule students to read for IRIS from the Drake campus. I also work with the Drake Community Engaged Learning Office to promote and organize service opportunities for students.
• Relays Activities Chair for the 2018-2019 Student Activities Board
- I am currently planning a variety of student activities for the 2019 Drake Relays including a kick-off event with the athletes and a student recreational event.
• 2019 Alumnae Relations Chair for Alpha Delta Pi Sorority – Theta Eta Chapter
- I was just elected as the Alumnae Relations Chair for my sorority for the Spring 2019 and Fall 2019 semesters. I will be planning a networking event, alumnae brunch, philanthropy auction and other social events.
communications, public relations, advertising, internship, non-profit, summer internships, intern