Student, Aspiring Curator
Booker, The Oberlin Dionysus Sco’, Oberlin OH Aug 2018- Present Artist booker for the campus music venue.
● Acquired and organized diverse contemporary musical artist to perform at Oberlin College
● Wrote contracts and secured transportation, housing/hotel reservations
● Created flyers and promotion material for the artists’ show at Oberlin College
Community Partnerships Intern, The Art Institute of Chicago, Chicago, IL June 2018- August 2019
Created and organized digital artwork for visual artist lecture series
Researched and identified suitable community organizations on the West side of Chicago and built partnerships
Promoted exhibits and provided feedback from teen outreach programs
Published weekly blog post for the Leadership Advisory Committee(LAC) on social media
Program Teacher Assistant, The Academy Group, Chicago, IL June 2017 - August 2017
Taught and directed third-grade fictional community business for “Shark Tank” presentation
● Mentored and tutored in Social Justice classroom with 30 third grade students in a summer enrichment program.
● Supervised students during transit to and from school.
● Facilitated students trips to recording students, art museums, and team-building office settings.
Jewelry Artist, After School Matters: CREATOR, Chicago, IL June 2015- August 2015
● Created handmade jewelry with vintage and recycled material to sell in After School Matters art showcase.
● Tasked with a specific jewelry image to create Other Relevant Experience
Oberlin College and Community Radio (WOBC) - DJ and R&B Genre Director Jan 2019- Present
● Organized and directed workgroup of 10 students for campus music event planning
OHOP - Oberlin College Hip Hop Collective Jan 2019- Present
● Collaboratively organized and booked Black hip-hop artist to perform at Oberlin College
FAVA- Firelands Association for the Visual Arts Sept 2018- Dec 2018
Digitized an organized data and artist exhibition archival from paper records
National Honor Society- Special Events Organizer for The Noble Academy NHS Chapter, Chicago, IL Sept 2016 -June 2018
● Organized and planned community service events for the school and NHS chapter using the pillars of Scholarship, Leadership, Character, and Service. Advised and monitored other NHS members with community service hours.
Assata’s Daughters- Participant in the Activism Group, Chicago, IL June 2017- Aug 2017
● African-American activist group that studies the Black Panther Movement. Community outreach for poverty-stricken communities
Reflections & Relations of Self Zine- Oberlin College 2019 Winter Term Project
Set Designer (Artist) - “Songs from my Mother’s Seashore” play by Nani Borges ‘19
● Creative Designer and Model- Oberlin College Black History Month 2018 Fashion Show “Back to Black”
● Posse Finalist- Full tuition scholarship for selective colleges around the world.
● High Honor Roll- Maintaining above 3.5 GPA all four years of high school.
SKILLS & STRENGTHS
● Intermediate graphic design for promotional events flyer, posters, videos, etc.
● Beginner speaking level in Russian (proficient/beginner/conversational)
● Twitter, Facebook, IG
● Proficient in Microsoft Word (proficient)
art, museum, engagement