Sonia Batalian Resume
Senior Graphic Designer with +20 years of experience designing, overseeing and producing digital and print
solutions for branding and marketing needs for the medical industry. Exceptional collaborative and interpersonal skills, dynamic team player with substantial customer service skills. Expert in Adobe Creative Suite, presentation software and web design. Ability to work independently and multi-task in a fast-paced work environment for market-leading medical device, pharmaceutical or healthcare companies.
• Graphic Design • Collateral and Advertising Design • Web Design including Squarespace
• Production Design • Packaging and P.O.P. Design • Ability to Create Interactive Files
• Project Management • Logo and Icon Design • HTML and CSS Knowledge
• Art Direct Photoshoots • Presentation and Infographic Design • Digital and Social Media Design
Real Dream Design, Northridge, CA ------------
Owner and Operator Of Home Studio, 23 years
• Spearhead project and development on all visual projects, from conception to delivery of original designs of award-winning ads, collateral, packaging and web design as well as photo and vector illustrations, infographics and logo design for the medical device, pharmaceutical and healthcare industries.
• Create branding strategies and exposure resulting in enhanced company image and increased sales.
• Involved in initial meeting with clients including Karl Storz Endoscopy, Total Dry, Optical Integrity, Tri-Star Technologies and American Assisted Living Nurses Association.
• Conduct photoshoots and hire photographers, copywriters, printers and trade show booth manufacturers as needed.
Midnight Oil Creative, Burbank, CA
Senior Production Designer, 5 years
• Design and maintain brand consistency for home entertainment campaigns including Universal and Disney.
• Generate marketing pitches and presentations for new business.
• Experience with 3D design including product packaging and creating high-impact retail displays.
Terry Hines Advertising, Burbank, CA
Art Director, Project Manager, 2 years
• Design advertising, banner ads, sell sheets, PowerPoint presentations and various marketing materials for
multinational, bio-pharmaceutical company, Amgen. Campaign include Enbrel, Neulasta, Vectibix and Xgeva.
• Work with translation services directly to develop Prolia ads in foreign languages including Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese for international distribution.
• Maintain brand consistency throughout all marketing projects including motion graphics and digital files.
• Work with account managers, print houses and freelancers to deliver materials under strict Amgen guidelines and styles.
Vision Advertising, Hollywood, CA
Senior Graphic Designer, 6 years
• Produce promotions and packaging for Buena Vista Home Entertainment and Disney Consumer Products.
• Uphold stringent client standards and deadlines.
EDUCATION AND AWARDS
Massachusetts College of Art & Design, Boston, Massachusetts. Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design
American Graphic Design Award (nationwide competition), Excellence in Graphic Design for Studio Hop Logo, 2006
Advertising Achievement Award, MSW Management, 2007
Advertising Excellence Award in “the highest attention-getting” score for Pharmaceutical Manufacturing, 2017 & 2018
Advertising Excellence Award in “the best attention-getting” score for Tablets and Capsules, 2018