Solomon Ngo's Resume
5425 Shirley Avenue, Tarzana, California 91356
•------------ • ------------
Online Portfolio at: ------------ (password: 8888)
Multi-faceted senior designer with extensive experience in fashion and graphic design. Passionate and creative project manager for innovate style projects. Areas of expertise include...
DESIGN PROJECT MANAGEMENT TECHNICAL
Fashion & Apparel w Costume
Pattern w Product
Client & Vendor Relations
Personnel Hiring & Supervision
Draping & Sewing
Garment Construction w Fittings & Textiles
Beading & Embroidery w Fabrications
ELLEN CLOTHING INC., Vernon, California
Senior Designer, October 2018 – Present
Design Junior and Plus collections for weekly meetings. Responsible for first sample production from conception to completion. Merchandise and prepare garments through designs and market research to achieve company sales goals while meeting a demand for popular and relevant styles for buyers from companies such as Forever 21, Windsor, Charlotte Russe. Lulus to name a few. Work with oversea vendors to ensure product quality and approvals. Travel overseas for trade shows to source out newest and most trendy styles, textiles, and trims. Build and strengthen relationships with domestic and international vendors, suppliers, and factories to achieve long term goals.
- Successfully design weekly collections and execute sample productions from concept sketches to completed samples for buyer presentations as well as fulfill buying requests from stores.
- Successfully exceeded company’s weekly sales goals through collaboration with a diverse team of vendors, suppliers, pattern makers, and overseas manufacturers.
JAYA APPAREL GROUP, Vernon, California
Apparel Designer, October 2016 – 2018
Design Junior/Contemporary/Licensed collections for monthly market. Responsible for first sample production from conception to completion. Fabrics, trims, prints order and approvals. Interfaced with pattern/sample makers to ensure product quality reflective of brand standards. Collaborated with sales managers, merchandisers to achieve company sales goals while meeting a demand for popular and relevant clothing styles for clients such as Macy’s, Kohl’s, JCPenney, and Disney licensed. Work with oversea vendors to ensure product quality and approvals.
- Successfully design monthly collections and execute sample productions from concept sketches to completed samples for buyer presentations.
- Collaborate with a diverse team of designers, vendors, suppliers, pattern makers, and overseas manufacturers to successfully executed target designs resulting in multimillion dollars orders.
VISIONARY BRANDS, Hollywood, California
Fashion Illustrator/Graphic Designer, Freelance, February 2016 – Present
Translate diverse subject matter into concrete designs for founder, Judy B. Stuart and her high-profile celebrity clients. Create visually appealing design themes and graphics for styling projects. Assist Founder with research on fabrics, colors, and trends using relevant social media platforms.
- Hand illustrate red carpet dresses for celebrity appearances. Designs are featured in magazine publications and award show coverages for national audiences.
JANE BOOKE, ENT. Los Angeles, California
Designer, Freelance, March 2016 – 2017
Efficiently manage and coordinate product design from concept through completion. Collaborate with high profiled celebrity stylist/designer Jane Booke (known for her romantic ready-to-wear dresses, and styled celebrities such as Barbara Streisand, the Arquette sisters, Melanie Griffith, etc.) to establish vision, conceive designs, and complete deliverables within project deadlines and requirements for her perfume and private silk couture dress collections. Coordinate freelance designers, consultants, and vendor activities for product productions. Organize seasonal couture dress collections for photo shoots, catalogs, look books, and marketing
design and better captivate our consumers.
Successfullycoordinateseasonalcouturedresscollectionsforphotoshoots,catalogs,lookbooks, and marketing under extremely tight deadlines.
Establishedandmaintainedexceptionalprofessionalrapportwithotherdesigners,vendors,and key clients.
MO-MO PARADISE, ROWLAND HEIGHT, CALIFORNIA
Graphic Designer, Freelance, January 2016 - Present
Create new design themes for food and beverage template cards and menus to increase business revenues and generate a larger customer base for Shabu-Shabu, a Japanese restaurant. Collaborate with creative team to design and produce computer-generated artwork for restaurant materials. Photograph, edit, and retouch food items for feature placement in marketing materials.
- Redesigned logos, signage, and menus for the Mo-Mo-Paradise U.S. chained restaurant.
- Successfully designed marketing materials that expanded the business of the Shabu-Shabu restaurant,
leading to additional restaurant location openings.
CURE APPAREL/GLOBAL SOURCING, City of Commerce, California
Head Designer/Merchandiser, May 2010 – November 2012
Managed the establishment of a new apparel company and oversaw garment productions from conception to completion. Supervised the design team on production activities. Interfaced with pattern/sample makers and design teams to ensure product quality reflective of brand standards. Collaborated with sales managers to achieve company sales goals while meeting a demand for popular and relevant clothing styles. Attended trade/textile shows with sales manages to negotiate prices and contracts and obtain textile samples for future product creation.
- Researched current market trends and successfully executed Junior and Contemporary collections.
- Collaborated with a diverse team of designers, business executives, and stakeholders to successfully develop the brand from a startup under a parent company into an independent thriving business.
BLISS TEA COMPANY, Downtown Los Angeles, California
Dress Designer, March 2009 – January 2010
Designed new garments for promotional events and advertising campaigns reflective of the company’s theme and art direction. Oversaw purchasing of fabrics, trims, and embellishments for garment collection. Hired pattern and sample makers to assist with production process. Attended fittings and collaborated with sample makers for design accuracy and fitting. Hired and supervised models and styling teams for company launch events.
- Recognized for unique dress designs that correlated to the flavors of the Company’s beverages that brought sparkling tea to its popularity today.
BRIX USA, INC., Santa Monica, California
EXIV CORPORATION. 2-4-15 KITA-OTSUKA, Toshima-Ku, Tokyo, Japan
Fashion Designer, February 2005 – September 2008
Designed seasonal women’s and men’s apparel collections for contemporary markets. Fused California styles with Japanese pop-culture styles to create new collections for Asian and U.S. markets. Communicated with graphic designers, technical designers, and production teams to ensure design accuracy and direction.
- First designer hired to assist U.S. Design Department with future design team development and product creation for Japan’s top growth apparel and accessory company.
- Remained current on the latest trends in colors, construction, trims, fabric, patters, and styles by attending fashion shows and buying samples at local malls and vintage boutiques.
- Successfully facilitated relationships with international vendors to ensure business goals for both parties were met.
TOKYO DONEUR CO., LTD., Tokyo, Japan
U.S. Division Manager/Buyer, September 2005 – September 2008
Managed the U.S. Division of Japanese cosmetic company and assisted COO with daily operations. Advised Japanese designers on current trends for U.S. markets. Hired, trained, and managed 5 division associates. Established excellent working relationships with vendors, suppliers, buyers, manufacturers, and clients to ensure strategic business goals were met. Oversaw product ordering and ensured quality control. Coordinated contracts between company divisions and product merchandising.
- Expanded personal expertise by attending educational beauty shows and seminars to better understand new technology, products, and trends within the beauty industry.
Educations / Trainings
Bachelor of Arts, Studio Arts & Fine Arts (2002) UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA–Riverside, California.
Associate Degree, Fashion Design (2004) FASHION INSTITUTE OF DESIGNS AND MERCHANDISING –Los Angeles, California Pre-Medical Program (2015) UCLA RIVERSIDE –Los Angeles, California
TECHNICAL PROFICIENCIES Platforms: Mac OS, Windows
Software: Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator; CAD; Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook); Gerber; Video Edit Magic; NGC; PLM
Designer, Fashion Designer, Apparel Designer, Senior Fashion Designer, Senior Apparel. Designer