Edmonton, Alberta,xxx-xxx-xxxx; xxx-xxx-xxxx
MSc Clothing and Textile Science, 2015-2017
Human Ecology Department,
University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
• Athlete Management
Sports Management World Wide, UK, 2018
• Entrepreneurial Mindset, Fall 2016
Business School, University of Alberta
Topics include: Organizational entrepreneurship; Business start-up.
• Grow to Greatness: Smart Growth for Private Businesses, Part I & II, May 2013
Virginia University (Cousera.org).
Topics include: Leadership v management; Growth, Marketing and Analytical Skills.
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint.
• Proficient in SPSS
• Vast customer service experience.
• Data and KPI analysis.
• Google Suite package and survey designing.
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE
1. Department Store Manager,
Mark’s, West Point Mall, Edmonton, July 2019 – Present.
• Coaching and developing team by setting expectations, keeping open lines of communication, providing feedback and ongoing support.
• Building and managing daily game plans and sales plan for the department.
• Developing and maintaining a positive work environment for staff.
• Creating development plans for full-time staff; providing support and coaching to improve any performance gap.
2. Inventory supervisor
WIS Int’l, Edmonton, June 2018 – June 2019
• Assist in leading a team of up to 40 associates to physically take inventory of Home Depot store across western Canada and regularly exceeding the set speed and accuracy rates by constant motivation and positioning of team mates in the right spots.
• Constantly keeping the store managers informed about count process with great communication skills resulting in excellent feedbacks after every shift.
• Ensure timesheets are done effectively for accurate wages, salaries and bonuses.
• Coach and mentor new members by understanding their abilities with the right pace and enough push to be better every shift.
• Effectively use Microsoft Outlook, Excel and SAP in monitoring and coordinating inventory processes between clients, the main count and the IT office.
3. Research Assistant,
Human Ecology Department, University of Alberta, Canada, 2015-2017
• Researched and examined the influence of many textile materials for comfort and performance including body odour management with excellent record-taking skills.
• Successfully sourced materials for master’s experiments from the USA after extensive research.
• Designed data-collection forms and sheets using Google applications resulting into an interactive research with participants and an efficient and organized data collection.
• Demonstrated excellent analytic skills using advanced Excel proficiency and SPSS.
• Successfully coordinated the research teams’ including sensory assessment, chemical analysis and textile testing as most projects were interdisciplinary oriented with superior verbal and written communication skills.
• Improved attention to details as a result of extensive use of sensitive instruments in experiments and large data analysis.
4. Sales Associate
Mark’s Work Wearhouse, Edmonton, Canada, 2016- Present
• Maximised sales by interpreting textile science into simple advice for customers on clothing to choose for comfort and performance.
• Mentored new hires with in-depth information about products and by being an exemplary role model.
• Provided quality customer service with good communication and active listening skills.
• Adapted well in this multi-cultural environment.
• Took initiatives in presenting my section in a neat and organized way for the best customer service.
1. Reviewer for Spectrum Magazine, 2018
• Reviewed articles on textile science and business for dynamic interdisciplinary content.
• Mentored undergraduate reviewers on the best ways to review articles and help writers write better.
2. GSA Councilor
Representative for Human Ecology, 2016-2017
• Contributed to discussions leading to better education, the standard of living and success of graduate students.
• Created new ways to disseminate information to my constituent (Human Ecology)
Helen DeSilva Buchanan, Sept 2015
• Awarded for having over 5 years-experience in the textile industry.
Available upon request
Data Analyst, Advanced MS skills, Soccer enthusiast.