Experienced, self-directed and motivated with strong relationship building abilities and excellent project management skills. Action-oriented with strong ability to communicate effectively to all groups of audiences.
• Organized • Analytics
• Team Player
• Leadership • Personable
• Problem solving
Agency Services Manager, 11/2015 to 06/2017
Norwood Child & Family Resource Centre – Edmonton
• A social services agency that supports children and families with a wide range of programs focused an optimal early childhood development.
• Provided support services to front-line staff by way of building maintenance and security, casual staff and volunteer program and operation of nutritional services.
Installations Manager, 10/2011 to 05/2014
The Home Depot, Windermere – Edmonton
• Successfully managed home improvement projects for retail customers relating to flooring, window and door installs, and kitchen and bath renovations.
Consultant, 10/2010 to 05/2015
Self-Employed – Edmonton
• Consulted with various not for profit agencies in Alberta providing leadership, organizational management support and project management expertise.
Executive Director, 11/2008 to 02/2010
Alberta Soccer Association – Edmonton
• Acted as General Secretary for the ASA Board of Directors. Liaison to membership comprised of 18 Provincial Member Districts with more than 100,000 players, coaches, referees and volunteers.
• Managed 11 professional office staff.
Executive Director & General Manager, 11/2000 to 10/2008
Edmonton Soccer Association – Edmonton
• Assisted in the development of a third indoor soccer centre and maintained the day-to-day operations of the three indoor facilities in partnership with the City of Edmonton’s Community Services and other sports groups.
• Successfully developed and maintained the largest outdoor soccer facility in Canada. From 2001 to 2008 the number of fields expanded from 4 to 13 and included the first soccer-only artificial turf surface in the Edmonton area.
• Managed various multi-user facility rental agreements with all levels of soccer, ball hockey, in-line hockey, lacrosse, lawn-bowling, school academies, indoor football, indoor baseball and ultimate frisbee.
Manager of Finance & Administration, 11/1999 to 10/2000
Alberta Soccer Association – Edmonton
• Skillfully managed all day-to-day operations relating to provincial teams, development programs for elite players, coaches and referees and staff management and administration.
• Project Management Certification Program, University of British Columbia, 2014
• The Leadership Challenge, Kouzes and Pouzner, 2014
• Bachelor of Science (Spec. Mathematics & Statistics), University of Alberta, 1989
• Coached local soccer teams of all ages and skill levels for over 20 years
• Former member of the University of Alberta Varsity Athletic Board
• Developmental coach for St. Albert Soccer Youth Programs, 2001 to 2005
• Assistant coach for novice St. Albert Minor Hockey Team, 2005 to 2006
• Youth coach for Edmonton SW United U-16 and U-18 boys, 2010 to 2011
• Member of the University of Alberta Golden Bears Soccer Team, 1985 to 1988
o Team Captain, 1986 to 1988; Canada West All-Star 1988
• Member of the Alberta U-18 soccer team winning National Championship in 1983
• Member of the Alberta U-20 soccer team winning National Championship at the 1985 Canada Summer Games in St. John, NB
• Professional Player in Canadian Soccer League
o Winnipeg Fury 1987-88, Edmonton Brick Men 1986 and 1989
• Member of the St. Albert Rangers Soccer Club in 1993-1996
• Member of the Edmonton Ital-Canadian Men’s National Champions in soccer in 1997
• Achieved Provincial B License coaching certificate in soccer in 2003
soccer, media, statistics, sports, management