Sejan Ahmed Resume
Sejan Ahmed 42-15 81St, Elmhurst, New York 14211 ------------) ------------
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE May 2021
The State University of New York at Buffalo – Buffalo, New York
HIGH SCHOOL REGENTS DIPLOMA, June 2017
Brooklyn Technical High School – Brooklyn, New York
CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCE:
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE, November 2017 – February 2018
Intercruises Shore Side Port Services – New York, New York
• Verified guests’ credentials including legal travel documents to provide safe check in onto the cruise.
• Collaborated with 50 staff to assess over 500 guests’ needs and to provide the best service possible.
• Assessed guests’ age and confirmed by birth certificates and consent forms the legal guardianship of children.
• Resolved any guest questions or concerns to ensure satisfaction.
• Processed cash and credit transactions including authorized credit users for services offered throughout the ship.
• Escorted guests onto the cruise and distributed their luggage and belongings.
• Ensured that guests filled out a feedback survey that helps improve key services and facilities.
• Maintained a good rapport with guests and staff in order to promote a positive environment.
SALES ASSOCIATE, August 2015 – April 2016
NY Fashion & Gift Shop Retail Store – New York, New York
• Greeted customers as they entered the store and addressed what they needed to buy.
• Processed cash and credit transactions, issued receipts, and processed both exchanges and refunds.
• Assessed and controlled inventory and maintained an orderly store environment.
• Monitored customers throughout the store to ensure nothing was stolen.
• Recorded the transactions made and amount of funds acquired within a balance sheet.
• Resolved any inquires the customer had to provide customer satisfaction.
• Identified prices of items using price scanners.
• Stocked displays and shelves with products such as clothing and souvenirs.
• Prepared packages for shipment by boxing and gift wrapping merchandise and applying proper shipping labels.
SALES AGENT, May 2018 – August 2018
Blink Fitness – Jackson Heights, New York
• Greeted visitors and assessed their interests in receiving personal training to help them reach their goals.
• Trained people who decided to make a change in their lives through fitness.
• Developed relationships with 25 or more prospective clients per month, assessed their needs, and presented fitness related services and products.
• Showcased the benefits of personal training sessions and built clientele for the facility and its trainers.
• Sold personal training sessions in customized bundles containing 4 to 16 sessions.
OTHER EMPLOYMENT HISTORY
TUTOR, June 2013 – May 2015
Smart Academia Tutoring Center – Jackson Heights, New York
• Instructed elementary and middle school students in math and English and prepared the advanced students for the Specialized High School Admission Test (SHSAT).
• Tutored students daily and networked with students to provide additional help when needed.
• Prepared students to be insightful, confident, patient, and respectful through a diversity of teaching strategies.
• Insured that students arrived and went home safely by confirming that their legal guardian came to pick them up.
POLITICAL CANVASSER, August 2017 – September 2017
North Shore Strategies – South Ozone Park, New York
• Canvassed city council voters and collected/entered data into MiniVAN Touch software for use by the campaign.
• Solicited campaign donations from voters during canvassing and fundraising events.
• Distributed information for the city council and informed people in the community about how voting for an individual can greatly improve the conditions of the neighborhood and its people.
CONSTRUCTION INTERN, July 2016 – August 2016
HAKS Engineering, Land Surveying, Construction Firm – New York, New York
• Assessed damage caused by Hurricane Sandy and documented findings for use by a team of 5 engineers.
• Edited construction site maps for houses, avenues, streets, and more on paper and in AutoCAD
VOLUNTEER, June 2015 – August 2015
South Asian Youth Action Inc. (SAYA) – Elmhurst, New York
• Collaborated with young south Asian individuals on how to make the neighborhood a better place; planted more trees in the neighborhood, cleaned up litter in neighborhoods, and gave food to the homeless.
• Encouraged more of the target demographic to join in order to learn more about the community and get involved with community service.
• Autodesk Inventor
I have verbal and written fluency in English and verbal fluency in Bangla.