Savankumar Patel, MSME
Detail – oriented Mechanical Engineer with +2 years of combined experience as Mechanical Engineer Intern and Process Engineer Intern. Can perform CAD Modeling, Finite Element Analysis and implement continuous improvement tools.
Master of Science - Mechanical Engineering, University of Texas at Dallas | GPA- 3.72 May 2017
Bachelor of Engineering - Mechanical Engineering, Gujarat Technological University, India | GPA - 8.51 / 10.0
• Computer Aided Design (CAD): PTC CREO / ProE, Solid Works, AutoCAD, Inventor, CATIA V5, GD&T.
• Finite Element Analysis (FEA) : ANSYS – Workbench, ANSYS – APDL, Solid Works – FEA.
• Quality / Lean tools : Lean methodologies, Six Sigma, FMEA, DFMEA, APQP, 8D, Pareto Analysis, Root Cause Analysis, TPS, Flexible Manufacturing Strategies, 5S, Kaizen, PDCA, DOE, MSA, PPAP, ISO 9001 & ISO 14001 standards.
• Programming : C, FORTRAN, Ladder Logic (PLC Programming).
Mechanical Engineer Intern, Dave Spring & Engg. Co., India Jan 2015- July 2015
• Validated customer design proposals using Solid Works and ANSYS.
• Prepared Bills of Materials (BOMs) for purchase items, technical drawings and documented monthly product reports.
• Assisted in quality tests like tensile, compression and hardness tests for quality assurance purpose.
Process Engineer Intern, Philips India Limited, India Sept 2014- Dec 2014
• Analyzed the existing changeover process on capping and auto threading machine.
• Worked directly with design, manufacturing and maintenance engineers to achieve continuous improvements.
• Implemented lean production technique - SMED (Single Minute Exchange of Dies) for quick changeover.
• Achieved reduction of changeover time by 134 minutes.
Mechanical Engineer Intern, Exercore Engineering Co., India May 2013- June 2014
• Applied Statistical Process Control (SPC) methods focusing on continuous improvement to reduce scrap and increase efficiency.
• Introduced and executed Lean Management System which included changing the plant layout, implementing 5S and VSM.
• Reduced scrap by 4% which resulted into savings of 10k USD annually.
Concept Design and Development of Road Power Generator (Tools Used: PTC CREO):Led a team of 4 members to develop and test a prototype design capable of generating electricity from motion of the vehicles. The mechanism can worked as speed breakers where it can convert the thrust of the vehicle into electricity which can be used for street lights, parking lights, etc. Implemented 3D CAD model (part and assembly) of the mechanism using PTC CREO 2.0, assembled the components and tested the mechanism.
FEA Analysis of Simply-Supported Beam (Tools Used: Matlab & ANSYS): Analyzed a simply supported beam for different mesh types and densities to perform a convergence study and determine deflection and stresses generated.
Scrum- Potential applications in Flexible Manufacturing Strategies: Evaluated the scrum methodology and correlated its objectives with flexible manufacturing strategies and QFD to discuss the potential applications in manufacturing.
PLC Programming for process control (Tool Used : RsLogix 500): Developed ladder logic for Blower HOA control, analog and digital Tank/Pump Level control along with dual bit alarm and notifications.
AutoCAD (Autodesk), Solid Works CSWA (Dassault Systemes), Solid Works - Sheet Metal Design, OSHA 30, Operations Management, Six Sigma Green Belt, Learning Minitab , Process Improvement Foundations, PLC Programming from Scratch I
Mechanical , Design, Process, Quality