Sarah Maldonado Resume
Sarah Maldonado Austin, Texas
M.Ed Counseling, LPC-Intern License number 80791
Supervised by Britney Watson, LPC-S
University of Houston: Masters of Education in Counseling
Graduated August 2018 GPA: 4.0
Texas A&M University: Bachelor of Arts in History Minor: Anthropology
The Monarch School and Institute January 2018- July 2018
• Counseled students individually and in-group sessions, to assist in overcoming various obstacles, adjusting to life, problems with self-esteem, stress management, and making changes.
• Encouraging students to express their feelings and discuss what is happening in their lives and help them develop insight into themselves and their relationships.
Caregiver for the Flores Family July 2016- August 2018
• Responsible for daily care, safety, play time, reading, teaching, cooking, general and emotional wellbeing of a newborn and eight-year-old boy.
Caregiver for the Orendorff Family October 2016-July 2017
• Responsible for a two-year-old boy and eight-month-old boy; managing household needs and organized activities that enhance children’s social, emotional, and physical well-being.
Caregiver for Joseph Stanton at Just Real Kare June 2015- July 2016
• Performed nursing duties including medical care, for a nonverbal traumatic brain injury patient, a 20-year-old man.
• Developed lesson plans for brain stimulating activities to engage the patient to improve his mental state.
Mentor 2.0 December 2016- September 2018
ESL Tutor Library Program August 2013- July 2016
Certificates and Organizations
- Member of American Counseling Association, Texas Counseling Association, and Houston Counseling Association
- Earned fourteen Certificates of Continuing Education
- Certificate in Counseling: College of Management and I.T. in Ireland
- Certificate to Teach English as a Second Language
- First Aid and CPR AED Certified
References upon request