Sara Barry resume
Fordham University, New York, NY
- Graduated May 2019 with Bachelor of Arts in English; Dean’s List
Musician and Songwriter
2014 - Present
• Primary songwriter, producer and performer for music project Yalla (accessible on Bandcamp here: xxx-xxx-xxxx)
• Responsible for writing, producing, and recording own music and posting on Bandcamp.
• Took on a project in July 2018 where I wrote a song every day for a week and released them on Bandcamp.
• In the process of recording an EP with my band and booking shows in the NYC area.
Open Road Integrated Media, Digital Editorial Intern May – August 2017
New York, NY
• Researched story ideas, wrote pitches and stories, and sourced photos for publisher Open Road’s content websites.
• Honed editorial judgment and wrote for a variety of audiences: fans of true crime, mystery, science fiction and fantasy, romance, and history.
• Worked in a CMS, publishing and editing posts and applying best SEO practices.
• Took on months-long project to monitor the traffic of keywords and stories on the content sites with a goal of optimizing SEO.
FlixPremiere, Film Screener
July – September 2017
• Helped screen and accredit movies for film streaming platform FlixPremiere, playing a role on the front lines of their film acquisition process.
• Screened three movies weekly, analyzing and rating them and sending analyses to the film acquisition team.
• Took part in weekly conference call with other film screeners and senior member of the company, sharing our analyses of the films.
Medium, Founder and Editor of Reflector
February 2017 – Present
• Manage a team of writers and publication staff and curate and edit stories for the online publication
while maintaining each author’s vision and voice.
• Run the publication’s email, responding to and rejecting/accepting writing submissions.
• Promote the publication on social media and monitor viewership and trends, also optimizing all
published stories for SEO.
Huffington Post, Contributing Writer
July 2016 – January 2018
• Wrote informative, discerning articles for Huff Post’s blog
• Shared on social media to generate views.
• Two of my articles were promoted by HuffPost editors to the website’s main sections.
mxdwn, Television News Reporter
July – December 2016
• Researched and reported on the latest television news, writing five 300-500 word articles weekly.
• Copyedited articles and assisted with management of editorial calendar.
• Worked in concert with editors and other writers to publish breaking television news and reviews.
25A Magazine, Editorial Intern July – September 2016
New York, NY
• Wrote 450-650 word articles for the luxury magazine. Topics included travel, dining, business profiles.
• Met tight magazine production deadlines while writing the highest quality content possible.
• Worked with editorial team and other interns to create a polished final product.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES & LANGUAGES
Programs and Web Applications: Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
Other: Logic Pro, Music Production and Audio Editing, Basic Video Editing and Photoshop
Songwriting and music production, indie rock, NYC concert scene
organization skills, great communicator, writer and editor, microsoft office, musician,