11051 Nassau Cir NE Blaine, MN 55449 | ------------ | ------------
Carleton College | Northfield, MN | – GPA: 3.85
Major in Mathematics, Double minor in Arabic and Middle East Studies
• Current sophomore, expected graduation date: June 2022
• Relevant Courses: Intro to Statistics, Politics in America, Middle Eastern Politics
• Spring Lake Park High School (Spring Lake Park, MN)
• Graduated with honors for academic excellence: June 2018
• GPA: 3.98
• Coding and Analytical Skills: Logical reasoning, data analysis, Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, R-Programming
• Foreign Languages: Intermediate in Arabic and Spanish
Peer Leader for Department of Mathematics | Carleton College | September 2019 – Present
• Selected to help the mathematics department by tutoring students on campus currently enrolled in a mathematics course. Responsible for providing feedback on challenging assignments and guiding students through various mathematics courses.
Paper Airplanes Tutor | December 2019 – Present
• Meet every week over Skype with a Syrian student in Jordan to tutor in English. Get to know student on a personal level and make a strong impact in her education. Responsible for following lesson plan and providing feedback.
Northfield Reads and Counts Tutor | September 2018 – June 2019
• Responsible for guiding and teaching students who are struggling in mathematics in grades one through four at Greenvale Elementary. Devised and implemented efficient tutoring strategies while building personal relationships with elementary school students to help them learn better.
Speedway Cashier | June 2014 – August 2019
• Working in customer service while ensuring cleanliness of the store and maintaining business throughout the day.
New Student Week Leader (Fall 2019): Selected to mentor and guide incoming first-year students during their first week on campus. Introduce them to their new life and provide insight to any and all questions or concerns they may have. Organize activities and events for the group throughout the week.
Muslim Student Association Board Member (2018 - present): Maintain website and social media pages, plan events, send informative emails to members.
Panther Mentor (2018): Selected to act as a guide to new high school students. Introduce them to the school, build relationships, plan events for freshmen outside of school hours.
leader, communication, organization