1. PERSONAL INFORMATION
* Wendell O. Belfield, Jr.
* 5142 Norma Way
* Livermore, CA. 94550-3720
* Residence: ------------
* E-mail: ------------
* Highly motivated and hands on, experienced professional Associate Engineer. Aspires for an operational management position where my process engineering strengths in yield enhancement and production management will contribute to the success of a progressive organization.
* For over 7 years I have been actively searching for employment in a slow-moving economy and weak job market in the United States. In the mean time I have been a stay at home Dad and a potential author who has written two books and had one article published.
* My job personality is of the type in which I take "ownership" of the area I am responsible for.
* Through the application of MS Word and Excel effectively reduced task efforts through procedural streamlining.
* Directed implementation of tactical production plans ensuring timely delivery of assembly programs. Resulted in shipping 40% more parts.
* Highly organized, detail oriented and capable of multi-tasking and coordinating special projects.
* Skilled at gathering and analyzing data.
* I like to systematize, categorize, and arrange everything into a logical system.
* Conscientious and conservative. I have a sharp analytical mind and a keen eye for detail.
* I can be relied upon to be careful, efficient, and thorough in my work and I take pride in doing a job well.
4. EMPLOYMENT HISTORY:
Employer: Stay-At-Home Dad
Location: Livermore, California
Duration: October 2007 - Present
* Primary child care duties for two children.
* Household bookkeeping and finance management.
* Volunteer work within community.
Employer: Microwave Power Inc.
Title: Thin Film Process Engineer
Location: Santa Clara, CA.
Duration: 06/2007 – 10/2007
* Instrumental in getting a new piece of production equipment online.
Employer: KULICKE & SOFFA Substrate Division
Title: Engineering Technician
Location: Milpitas, CA
Duration: 07/2000 - 02/2002
* Stabilized the manufacturing process by providing crucial leadership in supervising 6 technicians in a class 100 cleanroom environment.
* Responsible for coordinating technical support. Established operating equipment specifications, improved manufacturing techniques.
* Updated of Factory Works/SPC charts to monitor trends.
Employer: CANDESCENT TECHNOLOGIES CORPORATION
Title: Associate Engineer
Location: San Jose, CA
Duration: 02/1994 - 02/1999
* Supervised the development of all written electrical test and assembly processes to meet cycle time requirements and quality goals.
* Worked in collaboration with manufacturing floor managers; given the authority to solve manufacturing challenges in a cleanroom environment.
* Resolved production line challenges to ensure product quality and quantity goals were met.
* Coordinated maintenance activities to maximize production.
* Established vendor relationships for efficient equipment procurement.
Employer: HITACHI METAL TECHNOLOGY/HMT
Title: Developmental Technician
Location: Fremont, CA
Duration: 04/1991 - 04/1993
* Made numerous labor and safety suggestions which were implemented.
* Ensured that all value-added data was entered correctly with corrective action follow-up to reduce errors and improve quality of production parts.
Employer: CRYSTAL TECHNOLOGY, INC.
Title: Sr. Thin Film & Photolithography Technician
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Duration: 10/1983 - 10/1990
* Investigated manufacturing opportunities, evaluated the information, prepared proposals and recommended action to the CEO.
* Proposed a system to centralize numerous functions to more effectively use existing personnel and facilities in a cleanroom environment.
* Researched and analyzed equipment needs, performed cost-benefit analysis, and recommended methods for program implementation.
* Received awards for numerous cost saving suggestions.
Employer: SPECTRA-PHYSICS INC.
Title: Thin Film Coater Operator
Location: Mountain View, CA
Duration: 11/1978 - 03/1983
* Assisted in training new technicians.
* San Jose City College, San Jose, CA
* San Jose State University, San Jose, CA
* Tulane University Medical School, New Orleans, LA
* Gonzaga University, Spokane, WA. BA, Biology (Liberal Arts)
6. OTHER ACTIVITIES:
* Livermore Citizens Police Academy Alumni.
* A member of ASCAP (The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers).
* Authored two non-fiction books.
* Former ProMatch member & volunteer.
* Former Head Junior Varsity Girls Basketball Coach, Saratoga High School, Saratoga, CA.
7. NOTES AND OTHER INFORMATION:
* At heart I am modest and humble, and I rarely strive to be in the limelight or in a position of power (upper management).
* What I may lack in self-confidence I often make up for in skill - developing expertise, technical knowledge, and competency in my specialized area.
* Disorganization troubles me.
* Whether I am in my environment or in myself, I tend to focus on the flaws, with a desire to improve, refine, and perfect.
* I am strictly factual, truthful, and scrupulously honest in my self-estimation, and I often do not give myself enough praise or credit.
* I am an exacting perfectionist with a clear, logical, analytical mind and an aptitude for work that requires meticulous attention to detail and efficient organization.
* Well-grounded and pragmatic, I tend to develop specialized skills and technical expertise in some practical field.
* Knowledge, ideas, and theories don't really interest me unless they are useful in a tangible way.
* I am a non-political individual who prides himself on trying to do the “right thing” in the best interest of the organization I am associated with.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
JOB INTERVIEW DISCLAIMER:
Do to the inordinate amount of telemarketing telephone calls I receive daily, I screen all incoming phone messages. Please contact me via e-mail.
Need A Job!