ROBERT P. MARANDINO
VP/CMO of GROWTH MARKETING
BRANDING - DIGITAL MARKETING - OFFLINE MARKETING - CUSTOMER ACQUISITION - DATA ANALYTICS
Marketing executive with 10+ years of experience leading marketing strategy and creating captivating omni-channel marketing campaigns and data analytic processes. Build brands by delivering improved return on investment through increased leads and lower cost per acquisition. Highly detailed and hands-on creative development, media placement and multi-variant testing professional that charts media performance and also improves it through a/b testing, channel reallocation and creative revision throughout each point in the customer journey. Scale businesses to optimize the ever-changing multi-media landscape as the brand enters into each stage of the growth process. Skilled at turning clicks into leads, and leads into sales on every screen – and delivering profitable return on investment.
B2C - DTC - CPG - HBA - marketing plans - media plans - P/L - brand identity - market research - budgeting - forecasting - growth hacking - lead generation - analytics - conversion optimization - customer acquisition - web design - UI/UX - customer journey - brand storytelling - digital marketing - SEO/SEM - ecommerce - CRM management - social media - reputation
management - email marketing - broadcast media - direct response - DRTV production & media management - radio - direct mail - creative development - video production - agency management - FDA/FTC legal - venture capital - private equity - IPO
Marketing Consultant - Interim CMO | FROM CONCEPT TO SALES
New York, NY: 2017-Present
• Work as an independent contractor providing omni-channel marketing expertise to start-up and early-stage venture capital and private equity backed clients and their investors to scale companies and deliver incremental return on investment.
• Provide market intelligence, including competitive landscape, consumer insight, digital & television media creative, and multi-media budgeting for optimal brand positioning, brand storytelling, & multi-media customer acquisition.
• Work with internal teams and external agency partners to establish marketing a/b testing tracking methods to evaluate campaign success over time.
• Collaborate with investor community stakeholders and senior level management to develop marketing plans, media budget allocation and both internal teams and external agency partner hires to achieve timely growth deliverables and objectives.
• Industry focus: CPG, HBA, health & wellness, nutrition, medical procedures and medical devices.
• Areas of expertise: Growth hacking & scaling, budget forecasting, market research, DRTV & digital creative production, media management, digital marketing metrics/analytics, UI/UX, SEO/SEM, video production, copy writing, social media, organizational development and team management.
Vice President Marketing | SONO BELLO BODY CONTOURING CENTERS Seattle, WA: 2013-2017
• Successfully rebranded company increasing annual revenue by 144% from $64M to over $200M while reducing advertising percent of sales by 3% points and increasing MER by 15%.
• Increased organic leads by 35%, reduced cost per acquisition by 20% and improved waterfall metrics 5% through the development and implementation of successful cross-platform marketing programs.
• Responsible for $36M marketing budgets, including media planning and placement, media analytics and cross medium allocation for DRTV, radio, and digital SEO / SEM and managed external media agency teams.
• Managed all creative production, including digital (corporate & landings) DRTV long and short form, radio and print.
• Redesigned and managed ongoing improvements of new corporate and multiple landing page web sites.
• Developed marketing tools and resources for 40+ local centers for local event promotions and social media consistent with established brand identity guidelines.
Marketing Consultant - Interim CMO | WEIDER GLOBAL NUTRITION New York, NY & Phoenix, AZ: 2011-2013
• Recruited by Weider Global Nutrition to revitalize under-performing domestic and international brands and create several brands targeting Cross Fit and general health and wellness.
• Increased current brand sales by 20% per year, and generated over $10M in sales from newly created CF brand in 1 yr.
• Reduced cost per acquisition by 15% and increased ROI by 18%.
• Hired and managed third-party agency partners and supported CEO in multi cross functional areas.
• Developed e-commerce web site, CRM system, media analytic tools, and multi-media advertising campaigns.
• Managed FDA/FTC legal claim substantiation including support decks and legal correspondents.
Vice President Marketing | MARKETING ARCHITECTS
Minneapolis, MN: 1/2011-11/2011
• Contracted to manage the start-up of the newly created ‘Owned & Operated Product Division’ for a leading advertising and media firm to transition the new product division into the firm’s existing corporate media placement agency structure.
• Managed product development, creative branding, legal substantiation, product configuration, pricing, offer, P&L, and all media including DRTV, web, radio, direct mail.
• Produced effective DRTV short form and sales videos, web design, animation, collateral, & multiple consumer programs.
• Responsible for operational logistics including; consumable formulation, product design, product sourcing, manufacturing, fulfillment, and order management.
Marketing Consultant - Interim CMO | FROM CONCEPT TO SALES New York, NY: 2009-2011
• Developed business plan, product formulation, marketing support and operational fulfillment logistics for new anti-aging HBA skincare product line, “Youthful Beauty”, for newly created “Cient Labs” DTC product development company.
• Produced an integrated plan for direct-to-consumer sales including e-commerce site, DRTV, radio & print and contributed to investor presentations to assist in financing.
Chief Marketing Officer | THERATIVE MEDICAL DEVICE San Francisco, CA: 2008-2009
• Hired by Bessemer Venture Capital-backed firm to increase profit of underperforming investment of acne clearing in-home medical device brand for short-term profitable exit strategy.
• Succeeded in re-positioning product and driving increased quality leads through the production of new long-form infomercials & short-form DRTV, call center scripting, outbound email, SEO/SEM, and direct mail.
• Increased ROI 50% and turned around under-performing product through new multi-platform direct marketing campaign with $60K/week budget, enabling subsequent successful corporate and IP sale to Philips Personal Care.
Chief Marketing Officer | FIG MEDICAL BODY SHAPING CENTERS St. Louis, MO: 2007-2008
• Increased sales and customer LTV by transitioning Bessemer Venture Capital backed company’s business model from onetime medical procedure to multi-product, multi-service continuous purchase model.
• Improved sales and profit through new DRTV long and short form, new media agency and management, improved SEO/SEM initiatives and analytics, & call center scripting, increasing appointment conversion 300%, MER 240% and total ROI 25%.
Chief Marketing Officer | TRIMSPA Whippany, NJ: 2005-2007
• Increased sales by $20M through new creative and managing $75M national retail accounts (Wal-Mart, Costco, Walgreens, CVS, Rite Aid, GNC) including managing a sales force and directly interfacing with buyers on new product development planogram presence, pricing, promotions, retail & consumer marketing, operations and P&L functions.
Chief Marketing Officer | GOODTIMES ENTERTAINMENT New York, NY: 2003-2005
Vice President Marketing | WEIDER NUTRITION INTERNATIONAL
Salt Lake City, UT & Los Angeles, CA: 1992-2003
EDUCATION | HONORS | AWARDS | LANGUAGES
MBA, International Marketing, Thunderbird University of Global Management, Glendale, AZ
BA, Political Science & French, Boston College, Chestnut Hill, MA
ERA, Best Long Form, Heath & Fitness Nominee, ‘Executives on the Rise’, St. Louis Business Journal
Member, American Marketing Association & Volunteer, Alzheimer’s Association
Proficient in French & Spanish
B2C, DTC, CPG, HBA, marketing plans, media plans, P/L, brand identity, market research, budgeting, f