Jersey City, NJ 07304 | ------------ |------------
Fordham University School of Law – New York, NY
LL.M. in International Dispute Resolution May 2020
Relevant courses – Int. Business Transaction, Int. Commercial Arbitration, ADR, Evidence, Litigation Management for Int. Lawyer, and Remedies
Pravin Gandhi College of Law – Mumbai, India
Bachelor of Law (L.L.B.) May 2016
Bachelor of Legal Science (B.L.S.) May 2014
Relevant courses – Economics, Sociology, Political Science, Public International law and Human Rights, Environment law, Contracts, Jurisprudence, IP, Law and Medicine, Corporate law, Arbitration Law and Taxation.
India (passed bar examination) Jun 2017
Member of Bar Council of Maharashtra & Goa Aug 2016
New York Bar Exam (intend to sit for the February 2021 exam)
Nava Legal – Mumbai (India) | Associate Advocate Aug 2016 – Jul 2018
• Plead matters and filed appeals before High Courts, Session Courts, Arbitration Tribunals, and Appellant Authorities.
• Provided legal advice to clients on contracts and agreements and negotiate settlements of civil disputes.
• Advised clients concerning business transactions, claim liability, the advisability of prosecuting or defending lawsuits, or legal rights and obligations and develop strategies and arguments in preparation for presentation of cases.
• Interpreted laws, rulings, and regulations for individuals and businesses.
• Studied Constitution, statutes, decisions, regulations, and ordinances of quasi-judicial bodies to determine ramifications for cases.
• Prepared and drafted legal documents, such as divorce applications, wills, deeds, mortgages, leases, and contracts.
Bafna Law Associates – Mumbai (India) | Intern Dec 2014 – Sep 2015
• Drafted notices, pleadings, case research for clients bringing cases related to civil matters like property dispute, testamentary contention, and family conflicts.
• Visited courts to observe the proceedings for creating briefs and minutes.
• Provided clients with legal counseling, vetted and negotiated agreements and contracts.
Praja Foundation (NGO) - Mumbai (India) |Intern Jan 2014 – April 2014
• Read and analyzed judgments from 200 cases for Praja, which writes white papers on government policies and institutions.
• Performed extensive research and highlighted issues leading to a low conviction rate in criminal cases because of the negligence shown by the public prosecutor and police department.
• Relevant data was used by Praja to publish a white paper “State of Policing and Law & Order in Mumbai” focused on crime against women and children, conviction rates and reasons for acquittals in criminal cases, study of police reforms.
Janhit Manch - Mumbai (India) | Intern Oct 2011 – Dec 2011
• Understood the concepts of public interest litigation (PIL) by studying nine relevant cases.
• Analyzed PIL’s related to water pollution, banning coaching classes, banning illegal political hoardings, demolition of illegal shrines on public roads and lands, illegal sale of flats provided to slum dwellers.
• Presented my learnings from studying the PIL’s to my co-workers, university professors and students.
• Volunteered as an Arbitrator for the 14th Annual Vis International Commercial Arbitration Pre-Moot hosted for Law schools and universities globally
• Organized events for fundraising in college
• Volunteered with doctors and lawyers to a female jail through Rotary Int. and help them with medical and legal aid
• Visit Shanti Daan Ashram - Missionaries of Charity to feed and play with mentally disabled people