Resume- Vanessa Asaro
Tulane University, School of Science & Engineering New Orleans, LA
Bachelor of Science in Psychology May 2019
Double Major: Psychology, Communications; Minor: Management
GPA: 3.66; Honors: Cum Laude
Relevant Coursework: Principals of Marketing, New Media & Internet Studies, Comm & Leadership Groups, Visual Communications, Media Anaylsis, Statistics for Scientists.
Winchester High School Winchester, MA
Honors: Spanish National Honors Society Spring 2015
Shaya Restaurant New Orleans, LA
Hostess January 2019 – March 2019
• Managed front dining entrance including the answering and directing phone calls, greeting guests, and seating customers efficiently and timely, gaining multitasking skills and organizational expertise at this fast-paced restaurant.
• Provided excellent customer service to ensure the customers felt welcome, listened to, and important while maintaining composure and a pleasant demeanor under pressure.
Tulane Office of International Students and Scholars New Orleans, LA
Social Media/Communications Position August 2018 – December 2018
• Drafted weekly email digests utilizing research and writing skills consisting of information about OISS, Tulane, and New Orleans news, events, and opportunities to reach and resonate with the target audience.
• Promoted and marketed the office on their social media platforms with different campaigns and contests to increase audience engagement online which translated to engagement with the office in person.
• Designed fliers, stickers, and other visual content using Photoshop, Microsoft Suite, and MailChimp to advertise the office and its events around campus.
• Oversaw receptionist area using logistic and interpersonal skills to welcome and direct guests in person and over the telephone and schedule meetings and appointments.
Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts Boston, MA
Research Intern August 2018 – - December 2018
• Transcribed Elizabeth’s campaign speeches, podcasts, and interviews by watching/listening to them and writing it down word for word, enhancing my ability to listen and multitask (understand and type simultaneously).
• Analyzed transcribed materials by looking over these materials in a way that involved examining the elements/structure of the speeches and interviews, learning about the structure of political speeches and effective communication.
• Summarized these materials by organizing and integrating the central elements in a meaningful way for the research operations staff to easily use and draw on within their tasks.
• Vetted and conducted rapid background on potential employees, interns, donors, and associates of Senator Elizabeth Warren.
ColdWave Burlington, MA
Sales/Marketing Associate July 2017 -– August 2017
• Introduced this product to the retail sales industry for the first time with on the floor sales, ultimately increasing the product’s total sales by over 75%.
• Researched the beverage industry/competitive marketplace to answer any questions or concerns about this product.
• Approached clients in a customized and personable way to understand their specific needs/problems to adequately assess how to sell to them this specific start up beverage product
• Marketed product through Instagram with photos and videos..
SKILLS AND INTERESTS
Computer/Technical: Microsoft Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), SPSS, Adobe Photoshop, HTML, MailChimp, Google Analytics
Language: English (Native), Spanish (Conversational)
Personal Interests: Hiking, Live Music, Stand-up comedy, Word Puzzles, Photography
Communications, Media, Social Media, Internship