Resume - Reed Grable
University of California, Irvine | Irvine, CA Expected Grad. Date: Spring 2020
Bachelors of Arts Degree in Literary Journalism
Saddleback College | Mission Viejo, CA Grad. Date: Spring 2018
Associate of Arts Degree in English
Editorial Intern – Contributing Writer | LOCALE Magazine June 2019 – Present
Costa Mesa, CA
• Worked under supervision of head editors, assigned daily tasks, completing assigned work in a timely-manner.
• Reached out to subjects by phone and email for fact-checking, researched stories prior to publication to confirm information, researched potential subjects, including social media influencers, artists, chefs, and clothing designers.
• Gained access to items from various vendors as a source of promotion for them.
• Worked in office and, at times, from home when needed, working on tasks delegated by head editors.
• Pitched own profile story, which was published by web and in print, granted the opportunity to become a contributing writer by the end of the 3-month internship.
Content Writer | InSight Magazine Jan 2019 – April 2019
• Assigned topics to write about by head editor, worked alongside editors to gauge questions to ask subjects, gathered information about chosen topics.
• Worked on a schedule and delivered weekly updates on writing assignments, typically stories progressed as: question development, interview, writing transcripts, story construction, review.
• Gathered weekly with team of editors and writers to pitch ideas and discuss the progression of assignments.
• Worked with creative-directors to gear the direction for publication, travelled with photographers during interviews.
News Reporter | KUCI News Oct 2018 – June 2019
• Worked with a team of 6 people on a weekly basis, pitched topical ideas each week, produced a final product in a timely manner.
• Worked under the supervision of a news editor, met every week to discuss process and how to improve each assignment.
• Gauged ideas for key questions, interviewed subjects, developed structure for each story, incorporated relevant sound-bytes, acted creatively and independently for each final product.
Grocer | Whole Foods Mar 2016 – Present
Laguna Niguel, CA
• Collaborate effectively with other grocers and colleagues to execute daily tasks in a timely manner, including breaking down incoming product shipments, stocking shelves, and maintaining overall store organization/cleanliness.
• Perform detail and accurate quality control procedures, ensuring all products meet company standards and expiry dates are visible to consumers, designed to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Communicate effectively with customers, directing them to the appropriate department or aisle to meet their shopping related needs.
Manager/Cake Decorator | Baskin Robbins Mar 2013 – Sept 2015 Laguna Hills, CA
• Supervised a team of 10-12 customer service representatives, delegating tasks as needed to ensure that all tasks were completed correctly and in a timely manner.
• Conducted training sessions and workshops for all new employees to ensure product knowledge, company standards/policies and best customer services practices.
• Screened resumes and prospective employee applications as well conducted interviews for potential hires.
CERTIFICATES AND ACHIEVEMENTS
• Dean’s List – UCI Spring 2019
• Published photo in UCI’s creative journal, New Forum – used as cover photo 2019
• Published profile and photo on UCI medical narrative website, The Scribe 2019
• Published audio-profile on UCI’s UAG 2018
• Published poem in UCI’s creative journal, New Forum 2018
• Graduated Magna Cum Laude – Saddleback College 2018
• Exemplary Creative Writing Award Recipient – Saddleback College 2017
• Dean’s List – Saddleback College 2016 – 2018
• Camino de Santiago Certificate 2015
Computer: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, GoogleDocs, Canvas, Outlook, Social Media, POS System, Adobe Audition, Audacity, GarageBand, Adobe Creative Cloud
Soft Skills: Customer Service, Communication, Collaboration, Multi-Tasking, Time Management, Organization, Problem Solving, Detail Oriented, Innovation, Creative, Creative Writing, Supervision, Scheduling, Decision Making, Adaptable, Dependable, Critical Thinking.