Resume of Xavier DeShields
117-62 127th Street, South Ozone Park, NY 11420 | ------------ | ------------
Professional Summary ______________
Versatile college graduate, aspiring jazz pianist and professional customer service specialist with training and experience in client services; administrative and office management operations. Skillful in engaging clients in fast moving, high volume and diverse customer service focused environments.
· Effective verbal and written communication skills
· Trained in call center operations
· Adheres to policy and procedures
· Strong problem solving aptitude
· Persuasive speaker and good listener
· Quick learner
· Pleasant and Outgoing
· Team player
· Organized and focused
· Able to work flexible hours
· Technical Skills: Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Powerpoint
· Comprehensive knowledge of jazz music
The New School University - New York City, NY
Bachelor of Fine Arts: Jazz Performance September 2013 – May 2014
Mason Gross School of the Arts (Rutgers University) – New Brunswick, NJ
Bachelor of Fine Arts: Jazz Piano Performance September 2014 – May 2016
The City College of New York (CUNY)
Bachelor of Music: Jazz Piano Performance January 2017- June 2019
Via Transportation Inc.- Brand Ambassador October 2018- Present
• Lead sales and business development efforts
• Generated leads and signed up potential drivers
• Updated current and prospective drivers on current events and promotions.
• Distributed marketing materials at company events
• Organized marketing strategies with fellow Brand Ambassadors
Bed Bath and Beyond- Bedding Associate/Window Treatment Specialist July 2017- November 2018
• Assisted customers on the sales floor.
• Restocked and ordered new merchandise.
• Facilitate online orders and transactions.
• Provided frequent support for Front End cashiers.
• Recommended appropriate window shades and curtains based on the customer’s dimensions.
• Cut and altered window shades.
Rutgers I Demonstrate Educated Beauty(IDEB)- Brand Ambassador May 2015 – May 2016
· Promoted events for the organization.
· Facilitated meetings on social issues.
· Organized acts for the annual talent show.
· Recruited new members.
· Gave presentations on gender relations, sexism, racism and colorism.
Marryott Music Building Accounting Office – New Brunswick, NJ October 2014 – May 2016
• Composed and drafted all outgoing correspondence and reports for managers.
• Organizing office assets.
• Processing and shipping out employee checks.
• Entering data into the school’s financial records.
• Assisting in general office maintenance.
Finish Line Vendor at Macy’s – Manhattan, NY June 2014 – September 2014
• Performing daily stock room maintenance and shipping tasks.
• Helping with Store floor sales responsibilities as needed.
• Pulling merchandise for shipping to customers.
• Placement of new merchandise receipts on the selling floor.
• Moving merchandise to prepare for sales events.
New School for Jazz and Contemporary Music, Admissions – Manhattan, NY October 2013 – August 2014
Work Study/Customer Service Specialist
· Facilitate and organize record retrieval and access by maintaining filing system
for both in-house and discharged residents.
· Effectively manage a high-volume of inbound and outbound customer calls.
· Address and resolve customer product complaints empathetically and professionally.
· Gather and verify all required customer information for tracking purposes.
· Defuse volatile customer situations calmly and courteously.
· Accurately document, research and resolve customer service issues.
ChristLike Tabernacle – Queens, NY April 2011- Current
· Supervise and direct music for all programs and services.
· Prepare musical arrangements for special programs and weekly services.
· Conduct rehearsals with vocalist and musicians.
· Arrange musical compositions for solo and group performances.
· Self-practice [Piano] 24 hours per week to maintain and improve technical skills.
Brooklyn Conservatory of Music – Brooklyn, NY October 2012 – June 2013
Administrative Intern/ Student Performer
· Composed and drafted all outgoing correspondence and reports for managers.
· Oversaw inventory and office supply purchases.
· Performed at concerts, recitals and recording sessions.
Henry Street Settlement – New York City, NY July 2011 – August 2012
Summer Youth Employment Program—Office Manager
· Scheduled weekly inventory pickups and deliveries with vendors.
· Developed reputation as an efficient service provider with high levels of accuracy.
· Scored in top 10% of employees in successful resolution of issues
College graduate, jazz, pianist, training, client services