Resume of Melissa King
Receptionist/Office Assistant Houston, Tx
Baldassari & Associates May 2012 to Present
• Answer multi-line phone system transfer calls to proper personnel.
• Answer and route telephone calls quickly and efficiently.
• Meet and greet visitors, offering refreshments, badges and parking passes as deemed necessary.
• Ensure the reception area and Board Room are neat, clean and organized at all times.
• Provide general office administrative services, including but not limited to, manage business main Email, and fax processing distribution; file set-up, and photocopying. • Schedule appointments and maintain company calendar.
• Manage and filing records and documents electronically and in paper format
• Maintain front office as an orderly and professional work environment.
• Maintain files, receive and process incoming/outgoing mail.
• Maintain postage meter and supplies for the mail room.
• Order and stock office and kitchen supplies on a monthly basis.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook,) and managing, arranging, and coordinating executive calendars, travel arrangements, contacts, appointments, and luncheons/events.
• Schedule meetings and luncheons.
• Open and close the office daily.
Concierge/Receptionist Houston, Tx
Brookdale Senior Living July 2009 to May 2012
• Maintained working relationship as liaison between residents and building management.
• Provided excellent service and assistance to residents and management.
• Received, stored, and retrieved packages for residents and management.
• Facilitated parking and general movement throughout the entry to property for outside contractors as well as prospective tenants.
• Recorded and delivered messages to residents, management, leasing, and relieving concierge.
• Received high call volume of incoming calls transferred calls to proper personnel or would answered questions and inquiries.
• Entered work orders as they came into the office either by phone or by website. • Kept track of late rent payments.
• Made sure late notices were distributed to the proper residents.
• Typed out monthly lunch menu as written by the onsite nutritional director.
• Managed transportation with shuttle drivers through dispatch.
• Provided exceptional customer service to all residents and guests.
• Assisted with administrative duties such as light copying & fax requests and other requests as needed.
• Monitored lobby traffic and alerting residents of deliveries and arriving guests.
• Opened and closed office daily
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant Houston, TX
The Center for Personal Growth & Development January 2005 to July 2009
• Assisted clients with any needs they may have.
• Put together workbooks daily.
• Handled shipments through UPS, Fed ex and USPS.
• Booked travel arrangements, Set up classes and lectures.
• Arranged catering for conferences and events.
• Answered phones.
• Opened and distributed mail.
• Assured an accurate filing system and Filed documents.
• Corresponded memos, letters, faxes and forms.
• Ordered office supplies and researched new deals and suppliers.
Associate in Accounting Finance
Houston Community College - Houston, TX May 1990 to May 1992
Microsoft Office, Excel and Word. Strong organizational skills, Identify details and alternatives, Strong written and verbal communication skills. Detail oriented with ability to work independently and prioritize workload. Ability to multi-task while maintaining careful attention to detail.