Resume for Mark Johnson
Fundraising and Marketing Professional
9520 Holly Drive Everett, WA 98204 ------------ ------------
● Build Fall Fundraising Campaign for the Garage, a program of Friends of Youth.
● Wrote and managed process netting $297,000 in grants for Cocoon House programs from May 2017 to January 2018, including:
○ $100,000 from Whitehorse Foundation
○ $50,000 form Anonymous Family Foundation
○ $20,000 from NW Children’s Fund
● Drafted, wrote, submitted and successfully acquired $400,000 grant from Norcliffe Foundation for Habitat Snohomish Twin Creeks development.
● Wrote, submitted and received $105,000 grant from the Murdock Trust for a Volunteer Coordinator position for Habitat for Humanity in 2016.
● Secured $75,000 investment from Thrivent Financial Services for Habitat Build in south Everett.
● Trained new employees in various software products and research techniques. I was also responsible for training volunteers in various roles, from receptionist to database entry.
● Doubled proceeds from Habitat’s annual appeal from 2014 to 2015.
● Co-created 2016 marketing plan for Habitat’s end-of-the-year appeal, including bulk mail, media buys and #Giving Tuesday
● Established Mark Prothero Award and Prothero Endowment Fund for Scholarships at Husky Swimming Foundation.
● Managed Big Brothers Big Sisters Annual Dream Builders Auction. Attendance increased by 40 and profits increased by $15,000 over 2011.
● Implemented a fundraising/development program for three different nonprofits and reorganized a fourth.
● Accelerated growth of the St. Joe’s capital campaign to surpass goal of $5.1 million by $700,000.
● Established an endowment fund at St. Joseph School by cultivating $250,000 lead gift
● Coordinated Walk Like MADD event which raised 118% of its goal
● Managed the initial charity walks for Epilepsy Foundation Northwest
● Coordinated the alumni campaign of the Blanchet capital campaign by managing a list of 10,000 existing alumni for phonathons and related activities. The campaign rose over $4.5 million for capital projects.
● Communication Skills and History ● Increased level of funding for organization’s administrative functions and social service programs
● Responsible for hundreds of in-person and/or online asks for donations and sponsorships throughout work history. Created templates for volunteers to follow.
● Formed corporate partnerships
● Managed volunteer committees; trained to make solicitations of individuals and corporations.
● Collaborated on different promotional and campaign materials for each organization, including editing websites, writing and formatting annual reports and campaign brochures.
● Managed and produced dozens of special events, including hosted events at Husky Swimming Invitational in 2014 and 2015.
● Managed a portfolio of hundreds of donors
● Created functional database for CeaseFire, Epilepsy Foundation, MADD and Husky Swimming Foundation
● Coordinated various databases from programs at Church Council of Greater Seattle
● Strong communication and listening skills developed over 20 years of direct person-to-person contact in sales and nonprofit work.
● Managerial History
● Executive Director of the Husky Swimming Foundation overseeing a ten-member Board of Directors
● Managed a staff of four people at St. Joseph School
● Served as a one-man development office at CeaseFire, Epilepsy Foundation, Church Council of Greater Seattle, MADD and Husky Swimming Foundation. During fundraising events, I served as staff lead for coworkers and coordinated volunteers.
● Computer Program and IT Experience
● MS Office Suite – I use Microsoft Word for proposal writing and regular correspondence. I create charts, presentations, calendars and track fundraising progress on Microsoft Excel.
● Adobe Pagemaker, WordPress and MS Publisher – I used these primarily for webpage design.
● Experience with Raiser’s Edge, SalesForce, Greater Giving, Wealth Engine, and Neon database systems.
● Professional and Managerial Experience
• Cocoon House Grant Manager 2017 – 2018
• Co-Chair – Snohomish County Asset Building Coalition, 2016 -- 2018
• Resource Development Director – Habitat for Humanity of Snohomish County 2015 – 2017
• Executive Director– Husky Swimming Foundation, 2013 – July 2015
• Special Events Coordinator – Big Brothers Big Sisters of Snohomish County, 2012 to 2013
• Director of Development – Mothers Against Drunk Driving, 2007 – 2008
● UNIVERSITY OF WASHINGTON – SEATTLE, WA ,B.A., History, 1991
● References available upon request
Fundraising, nonprofit, administrative