1101 South Racine Avenue, Chicago, IL 60608
------------ | ------------ | LinkedIn: ------------/in/rithvikmadala
Mechanical Engineer with Interdisciplinary Interests in HVAC, Mechatronics and Automation, Safety Engineering, Supply Chain Operation and Management with versatile Project Experience.
University of Illinois at Chicago, Illinois (UIC), Chicago, IL Expected: 05/2019
Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering GPA: 3.5/4.0
Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management, Vizag, India 06/2013- 05/2017
Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering GPA: 8.1/10
Mahindra CIE Automotive Ltd., Pune, India 10/2016-04/2017
• Designed and manufactured vacuum gripper assembly for Kuka robot arm to automate the process of loading and unloading of metal sheet on forging machines.
• Played integral role in Drafting 2D model on AutoCAD and 3D model in Ansys, selecting parts with economic cost range. Performed analysis using Ansys software on the entire assembly, manufactured all parts with CNC and Lathe, created spreadsheets of components and presented the project to a group of up to 55 employees using PowerPoint.
• Reduced the work of four men per forging machine, which accurately reduced the work of 20 men for four metal sheet operation. Company is currently using it for manufacturing the engine side panels of Mahindra Bolero.
Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd., Hyderabad, India. 05/2015-06/2016
• Worked on the production line dealing with processes in the manufacturing of steam turbines.
• Handled key operating points on the assembly line of steam turbines and prepared charts and diagrams to illustrate material flow.
• Analyzed speed involved in operations and maintenance to maintain the standard production rate, logged up and down times.
• Implemented Kaizan while handling 28 shifts and achieved average overall equipment effectiveness of 63%.
Research Project at RUSH hospital and UIC Medical College:
FEA Modelling of 3D printed Bio-Medical Implants
• Identified and modelled functionally graded porous implant using SolidWorks for additive manufacturing of customized hip implant for aged people facing osteoporosis.
• Performed FE analysis using ANSYS for 11.11% porosity of titanium alloy to match the mechanical and Tribocorrosion properties of human bone.
• Analysis resulted in 8.46% reduction in stress and better integration between implant surface and bone.
Heat Loss and Peak cooling load of a Residential building (HVAC):
• Designed the house layout using REVIT and calculated heating and cooling load for a 1000 sq. Ft residential building using EXCEL. Also measured the total design heat loss, annual gas consumption and furnace size required using ASHRAE standards.
• Used building codes for ventilation, humidity control, load calculations and duct sizing techniques to determine the Furnace Size.
Hardware in loop simulation (HIL) using PID controllers:
• Implemented a closed loop DC control system for velocity, position and direction control, constructed a low-resolution incremental encoder and the count measurement setup using opto-interrupters.
• Used PWM output signal from Arduino in combination with a H-Bridge circuit for the control of DC motor.
Revit, AutoCAD, SOLIDWORKS, Ansys 14.5, ANSYS Workbench, Catia V5, MATLAB, FEA, Simulink, python, Microsoft Office Suite, R Studio, Julia, CNC Programming.
HVAC, REVIT, CAD, SOLIDWORKS, FEA, MECHATRONICS