Los Angeles, CA | ------------ |------------
Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles, CA May 2020
Bachelor of Arts in Urban Studies with a Minor in International Relations
Good Innovation- London, United Kingdom | March- April 2019
Venture Capital and Social Finance Intern
•Identifies networks of high net-worth angel investors in the United Kingdom
•Develops outreach methods and incentives to create a network of investors for high-impact investing campaigns
•Assisted with the creation of the unique selling proposition for a campaign pitch for CALM London
•Analyzed user journey and experience to better understand CALM London user experience
Loyola Marymount University- Los Angeles, CA| May-June 2018
RAINS Undergraduate Research Fellow
●Conducted background research on the history and use of the Silver Lake Reservoir
●Gathered pilot data through research for future use in other phases of survey
●Developed draft questions for the beginning preliminary phase of social survey of Silver Lake neighborhood residents
LMU Center for Urban Resilience- Los Angeles, CA| January- July 2018
Administrative and Research Assistant
●Generated list of active non-profit organizations in eight Southeast Los Angeles cities
●Managed Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook platforms
●Increased viewer engagement on social media platforms by adjusting outreach strategies and posting times
●Executed research for development of educational and community-based projects
LMU Career and Professional Development- Los Angeles, CA| August 2018- Present
●Assists 10+ students on a weekly basis with resume and cover letter revisions
●Helps students maximize internship and job search through platforms such as LinkedIn and Handshake
●Drafts content, such as student deadlines and reminders, for Bellarmine College of Liberal Arts BCLA Beat Newsletter
●Conducts research of local companies for employer engagement projects
Fordham University Call Center- New York, NY | January-May 2017
•Assisted in the fundraising of $786,271 along with my fellow student fundraisers during Fordham’s 2017 Giving Day
●Cold-called Fordham alumni to secure donations for scholarship funds and endowments
●Updated alumni contact information for administrative purposes
●Advanced Fordham University’s alumni outreach campaign through conveying the importance of financial donations
●Tau Sigma National Honor Society
●Phi Delta Phi Legal Honors Society
●Loyola Marymount Dean’s List for three consecutive semesters
●Proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Microsoft Excel
●Proficient in SimplyAnalytics
●Social media management
Upon review of the Sustainable Cities Intern position with Global Green USA , I felt compelled to submit my resume for your consideration. With my Urban Studies and International Relations coursework as well as my strong abilities in urban and global policy research, venture capital and social finance, and data collection and analysis—I am confident that I would contribute to the Global Green USA team greatly. With a solid foundation in urban policy research, community development research and engagement, marketing and sales, and social financing development, I have developed strengths with interpersonal communication, risk assessment and mitigation, and problem solving.
Highlights of my background include:
● Research on urban policy and community development initiatives, including smart growth development and initiatives in urban areas and community economic empowerment via land trusts, understanding that issues at the urban scale can be solved through social, environmental, and economic innovation.
● Interning in London, England with Good Innovation, a certified B Corporation focused on innovation consultancy, product development, and growth and development. At Good Innovation, I am working on a social finance and seed investor project, extending the organization’s influence in the field of high impact-investing through research on angel and seed investing, angel investing networks active in the United Kingdom, and developing methods of outreach to establish a network of high net-worth investors for future campaigns with Good Innovation.
● Assisting staff at Loyola Marymount’s Career and Professional Development with alumni engagement and employer engagement projects to expand professional resources and opportunities to students.
● Served as a student representative for LMU’s Bellarmine College of Liberal Arts during a meeting with Career and Professional Development Staff, Bellarmine College of Liberal Arts staff, and the Dean of Bellarmine College to offer student perspective on professional events organized by the administration.
● Represented Fordham University as a student fundraiser, working to foster a dynamic relationship with the alumni community and the university by answering questions regarding Fordham’s initiatives, listening to alumni’s concerns, and diffusing conflictual situations.
With my previous professional experience, coupled with my educational background at the intersection of urban studies and environmental sustainability, I hope to be part of the Global Green USA team as a Sustainable Cities Intern. I look forward to discussing this opportunity, and my qualifications, in further detail.
Thank you for your time and consideration.