KYRA SIMONNE JACKSON
Atlanta, GA | ------------ | ------------ | ------------
A diligent rising senior pursuing a degree in Mass Media Arts, concentrated in Public Relations, seeking a Marketing or Public Relations affiliated internship.
• Innovative Approach to Marketing
• Effective Communication
• Sales / Negotiation Techniques
• Public Speaking
• Critical Thinking
Clark Atlanta University | Atlanta, GA
Bachelors of Arts, Mass Media Arts | Concentration: Public Relations May 2020
Minor: Fashion Merchandising
Courses Taken Include: Basic Newswriting, Survey of Media and Society, Speech, Multimedia Writing and Reporting, Mass Communication Research, Media Seminar: Social Media, PR Practice and Theory, Public Opinion and Propaganda, Media Advertising & Sales, PR Research & Evaluation, PR Development and Copy Editing, Media Arts: Sports Communication
Sales Associate | Everything But Water March 2019 – Present
• Consistently delivers exceptional customer service to customers seeking advice and knowledge about merchandise.
• Ensures the store is clean, adequately stocked, organized, and well-kept.
• Maintains store visual standards and merchandising.
Cashier | Grand Lux Café July 2018 – March 2019
• Ensures that guests are greeted warmly upon entry and over the phone, shares descriptions about our many dessert selections, and serves To Go guests.
• Assists guests in making menu selections over the phone, takes and rings in orders, packages To Go food and beverages, processes payments, and assists fellow team members to ensure overall guest satisfaction.
Content and Junior Communications Correspondent | Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Conference February 2018 - July 2018
• Composes press releases and updates the website with new conference information regarding athletes and team events.
• Assists the Director of Communications and the Director of Marketing with content for social media platforms and media campaigns.
• Researches media trends in social media in regards to all divisions of sports to keep our audience engaged.
Clark Atlanta University, Living Green, Marketing Representative August 2017 – May 2018
Clark Atlanta University, Sophomore Class Council, Chief of Staff August 2017 – January 2018
Clark Atlanta University, Sophomore Class Council, Treasurer January 2018 – May 2018
Silver Breeze Flag Team, Member August 2017 – May 2018
Breaking the Cycle, Public Relations Director November 2017- May 2018
National Association of Black Journalist, Secretary April 2019 – Present
Effective Communication, Critical Thinking, Public Speaking, Adaptability, Dependable