Houston, TX 77063 ------------
Reduce Non-Productive Time | Boost Revenue | Save Costs | Ensure Well Integrity
Discerning scientific and technical professional, leveraging extensive experience in petroleum geology, formation evaluation, technical support, and scientific laboratory work. Passionate about continuous learning, taking on new projects to deliver quality on-time. Flexible and collaborative style, able to work with all levels, maintain engagement in demanding and deadline-driven environments while following strict guidelines and compliance. Dedicated and significant contributor to operations and research and development, instigating advancements in workflows and internal software.
Petrophysical Data Analysis Technical Writing & Reporting
Laboratory Operations Data Management
Relationship Management & Development Project Management
Research & Development Safety Management
Platforms: Windows and Mac
Software: Landmark DecisionSpace Petrophysics, Halliburton Insite, Scientific Data Systems Warrior, FEI Avizo, Stoner SES, IHS Kingdom, IHS Petra, Schlumberger Petromod, Schlumberger Petrel, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint
HALLIBURTON, Houston, TX 2019 to 2020
Geoscientist – Formation Reservoir Solutions
• Reduced non-productive time (NPT), saved costs, and increased production across multiple wells in North America by managing projects on corrosion analysis, leak detection, cased hole petrophysics, and formation evaluation.
• Generated faster analysis, decreased well costs and NPT by examining electromagnetic (EPX) data to assess pipe damage (metal loss) in up to 5 tubular in a single run.
• Increased remediation procedure speed and cut down NPT and potential environmental impact by assessing acoustic (ACX) data to locate leaks in wells, both vertically and radially.
• Enhanced client decision-making capabilities and speed for optimal fracking locations by analyzing pulsed neutron data along with gamma, density / neutron, and resistivity from an offset well to estimate an open hole triple combo log in a lateral.
• Met strict deadlines to deliver solutions, reduce NPT, and save customers' costs by coordinating with field engineers, business development, and clients, holding meetings, conference calls, and emails, discussing best practices for each project, answering questions, and resolving issues.
HALLIBURTON, Houston, TX (Acquired Ingrain 2017) 2012 to 2019
Operations Geologist - Ingrain
• Advanced understanding of reservoir quality, properties, and producibility by processing 3D FIB-SEM, 2D SEM, and CT data for both unconventional and conventional projects.
KYLE VIDOCK ------------ PAGE TWO
• Improved performance quality, consistency, and productivity globally by training members of other teams and analysts from foreign offices on new workflows and keeping up to date SOPs.
• Boosted revenue by providing project support in development of new high-value products and supplying a more robust answer product to clients.
• Enhanced turnaround time, quality, analysis efficiency, and customer satisfaction by assisting in developing new programs for automating processes.
• Organized team efforts to compile data and write reports as per individual client requests.
EMPIRICA, Houston, TX 2011 to 2012
Geologist - Geosteering
• Ensured effective target zone well placement by monitoring real-time data and geosteering horizontal wells on-site in the Eagle Ford.
• Maintained zero incident reports by adhering to on-site operations' safety regulations while completing jobs.
• Created end of shift reports relaying activity and position with senior geologists.
WEIDMANN DIAGNOSTICS SOLUTIONS, Houston, TX 2009 to 2011
General Oil Quality Lab Technician
• Identified problems proactively, improved service continuity, and minimized costs by performing and analyzing lab tests on oil samples from electrical transformers.
• Minimized accidents and injuries by following all lab safety protocols, monitoring team processes, identifying areas for improvement, and coaching on best practices, creating a safe environment for all employees.
• Supported leadership decision-making ability by drafting and providing reports detailing test results and findings for clients on state of transformer.
Master of Science (MS), Petroleum Geology, University of Houston, Houston, TX
Bachelor of Science (BS), Geology, University of Houston, Houston, TX
Geoscientist-in-Training (GIT-144), Texas Board of Professional Geoscientists, 2015 - 2021
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT & OTHER INFORMATION
Sperry Drilling Geoscience Progression School, Halliburton
Well Integrity Workshop, Halliburton
Formation Reservoir Solutions Workshop, Halliburton
Basic Wireline Log Interpretation, Halliburton
Schlumberger Petrel Fundamentals, Houston
IHS Petra Basic Overview, Houston
Field Mapping / Cartography, University of Houston
Geology, Geoscience, Energy, Science