Shujaat Ali Gondal
23617 Willshaw Sq. Apt # 102 Ashburn, Virginia
------------ | ------------
University of San Diego, School of Law
Current student of LLM in Comparative Law (2019-2020)
University of London
LLB (Hons) (2015)
Cambridge International Education
Advance Level (2012)
USD Legal Clinic (2019-2020)
● Joined the USD legal clinic during the spring semester and summer semester and had a chance to work on a number of immigration cases as well as some civil cases such as adjustment of status, asylum petitions, dual citizenship, work authorization, breach of warranties etc. Conducted research, drafted memos, conducted intake meetings and maintained correspondence with the clients.
Associate at Saeed, Hfeez & Mirza Advocates & Legal Advisors in Lahore, Pakistan (2016-2019)
● Worked as an associate and assisted senior lawyers in case presentations before the High Court and Supreme Court of Pakistan. Prepared and pleaded criminal cases such as murder, drug trafficking, theft, assault etc and civil cases regarding property disputes, arbitration, fraud etc before the Special Courts and District Courts. Maintained correspondence with clients, giving updates about case developments, respectively.
Associate at Gopayra Law Chambers in Gujranwala, Pakistan (2015-2016)
● Joined as an associate and pleaded civil cases such as breach of contract, child support, property disputes etc and criminal cases like grievous bodily harm, theft, narcotics etc before District Courts in Gujranwala. Supervised office work while coordinating with a senior lawyer.
Awards and Acknowledgements
● Won election in BeaconHouse School Gujranwala (2009) and was elected as a Deputy Head Boy of the school.
● Participated in international ADR moot competition at Hong Kong (2014) and won the spirit of the moot award.
● Represented my School’s athletic team as a captain in Beacon House School intra-regional Tournament, won 2 silver medals and 1 bronze medal.
Languages: English, Urdu and Punjabi.
Legal Assistant, Paralegal