------------ |------------ | 310 E 44th Street, New York City, New York 10017
SUMMARY: Parsons fashion design graduate with 3+ years of editorial and styling experience. Fashion history expert with an extensive knowledge of industry trends, coupled with the ability to eloquently write about them.
SKILLS: Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr and Pinterest. Fashion illustrating, manual and digital, Fashion journalism, Fashion production, Creative writing, strong on-set styling skills, proficient in sewing, draping and pattern making, digital printmaking, fashion trend forecasting
in-depth fashion history knowledge, copyediting and proofreading, strong communication and customer correspondence skills.
Fashion Production Intern 06/2019 - 08/2019
Rosemilk | New York City, New York
• Assisted in photoshoots whilst corresponding with the production team and stylists.
• Corresponded with the warehouse and fulfilled orders daily via ------------
• Sewed production samples, worked closely with seamstresses, pattern makers and
dyeing centres in both New York and Los Angeles.
• Set up delivery schedules and ordered materials from fabric, trim and print vendors.
• Increased customer base and generated new sales by networking within select
Technical Design Intern 05/2018 - 08/2018
Fabric To Finish Inc. | New York City, New York
• Partook in the day-to-day functioning of a fashion production company with clients
such as Rebecca Minkoff and Diane Von Furstenberg.
• Created tech packs, corresponded with factories in New York City, India, Hong Kong,
Milan and China.
• Set up meetings with and helped acquire new clients, and also corresponded with
current clients and vendors.
• Performed various administrative duties, including inventory, purchasing, shipping,
checking invoices, preparing special orders and ensuring deliveries.
PR Intern 05/2017 - 07/2017
Rathore | New Delhi, India
• Helped conceptualise a capsule collection for Raghavendra Rathore, an eponymous
luxury menswear brand based in New Delhi, India specialising in bespoke couture,
with a notable Parsons alumni at its helm.
• Shadowed the brand's head of PR, and assisted in meetings and press releases.
• Coordinated fittings, tracked comments and transmitted evaluations and
documentation to vendors.
Social Media Intern 09/2012 - 12/2012
Genesis Colors Pvt. Ltd | New Delhi, India
• Developed contingency plans and alternative solutions for projects.
• Coordinated pre-show and post-show activities at trade shows.
• Managed all social media programs, including Internet forums, blogs, social
networking applications and message boards.
Fashion Design Assistant 01/2014 - 03/2014
RCG Enterprises Pvt. Ltd. | Gurgaon, India
• Planned and helped implement new ideas for the Summer and Fall 2014 collections.
• Worked on client requirements and explained detailed production schemes to the
• Collaborated with photographers and stylists to effectively capture the Satya Paul
label and its merchandising standards.
Backstage Dresser 02/2018 - 02/2018
PRISCAVera | New York City, New York
• Steam, pressed and adjusted garments on dressed models to optimize clothing fit
and promote designer's work in best way.
• Sympathized with models and took action when clothing was too tight or otherwise
• Kept meticulous organization of all clothing and accessories used for the runway
Volunteer 04/2018 - 04/2018
Alexander Wang Inc. | New York, NY
• Fashion show volunteer for the brand's Fall 2018 show choreography
AAS: Fashion Design 08/2019
Parsons School of Design
Bachelor of Science: Psychology 2013-2017
Singapore Institute of Management | Singapore
Dean's list 2014
Dean's list 2016
Ranked in Top 10% of class
Minor in Journalism
Associate in Applied Science
Parsons School of Design 2017-2019
• Dean's List 2017
• Specialised in couture by taking Fashion Techniques: Couture and created a couture
ensemble from scratch
• Completed every fashion history class offered in the program, along with three
creative writing classes
• Completed an extensive course in Fashion Publishing, wrote weekly editorial pieces
Sanskriti School | New Delhi, India 1999-2013
Council Member, Sanskriti School Students Council 2011-2013
• Planned & managed the setup of the school's Annual Day for 2 consecutive years
• Helped to teach English and Painting to children from impoverished families in India in
a week-long community service program
Languages: Fluent in English, Hindi and French.
ACCOMPLISHMENTS AND HONORS
• Singapore Institute of Management, Deans List, 2016
• Parsons School of Design, Dean's List, 2019
• Represented the school at the International English Olympiad, 2013
Mehr Singh Resume